1991 Jeep Cherokee - advice?

Jonny

It came out at just a little more than you suggested, Slowpoke, but I couldn't pass it up. I have a feeling that one like this won't come along every day.

If the mechanic says "excellent shape for a 91" then you got a good deal. Fuel and brake lines as expected and it doesn't surprise me that the linkage and suspension was fine. Pretty durable bushings and they're not hard on steering parts (or they have huge tolerances lol). Aside from constant wear items, keep an eye on transmission lines.

Enjoy!

enjoy, it will never die.

i sold my '97 I6 with 390,000 kms last fall. replaced it with a newer grand cherokee but kinda miss the utilitarianism of the old one. they unfortunately stopped building the XJ in 2001 and replaced it with the chicky Liberty.

Edited by Raf

I've had 2 of them. First was an 84 and beat the snot out of it in the bush and it still got me back and forth to work on the 401 daily, even if the rug was hanging out of the floor boards.

However, my fav was my 87. Suspension lift with 31's. Man I loved that Cherokee. Sold it to my bro and it would still be on the road if he wasn't sideswipped and wrote it off.

Good Luck with the 91, I have 4x4'ed with a few different vehicles and the cherokee is still one of my favs.

Edited by Harrison

Thanks, Raf and Harrison. I hope I've got one that will still give me a few years of use.

i work in a busy mechanic shop and the vehicles with the highest repair bills in the last few years... older Jeep Cherokee and Jimmy/Blazers!!

Maybe because they're worth fixing? tongue.gif

But thanks, Lovetofish. Good to know too.