I want Bass fishing season to start

jedimaster

As a Jedi you must learn to think more positively.

In a couple of weeks the ice will be gone and the Crappie and other pan-fish will be in the shallows.

In mid-May Pike will open, in early June Musky season will start, then at the end of the month you can target Bass. In the mean time quickly release any incidental Bass you hook by accident.

Garry2R's

Just dismantled a couple if reels to tune them up. These quantums pt tour's sure are high maintenance compared to my curado's. Crappie once the kawarthas melt, perch derby on Simcoe, trout at the end of April, eyeballs end of may... Damn still so much time before bass.

This year my goal is to target some nickels on flies. I've been putting together a nice 8 wt setup and looking at some fly patterns. On that note, can anyone walk me through a basic mayfly pattern? The bass in my lake just annihilate these things mid summer. My brother and I termed them "bass candy" as kids, before we knew what they were called :rolleyes:

June can't come soon enough, but like many have noted theres tons of good fishin before then. I can't wait for the trout opener to break out the 4 wt for small streams. Also, I've never caught a crappie, so this year I hope to get out early and put some in the boat.

Given how good the steeleheading has been lately it's easy to keep waiting :rofl2:

No .... this is the time to think of chrome and Specks ... pretty sure Bass is when the FROST is OFF the punkin :)

OK .. wait .. let me get this straight ...When the weather is hot and sticky ... THATS no time for dunnkin dicky ! But when the FROST is on the PuNKIN .. THATS the time for .. ahhhh never mind.

Edited by camillj

cant wait! i keep going downstairs and just looking at my gear

bass season cant come soon enough!

oh i know, ive been keeping my tacklebox in my bedroom, i cant keep running into the basement every 15 mins of the day, and with the LeBaron Sale this week, ive been busy. More so WIth the BPS Fishing Classic on next weekend. I cant wait to get out there and hook my first bass!

This year I'm gonna spend some early time communing with the carp. Turns out I have a couple of really nice carp swims close by, one just down the street, so why not? Unfortunately the best pike holes are hard to access so I may not get to enjoy them too much. I guess I'll just have to learn to love carp.

JF

The best solution is to buy a NY liscense and fish Erie-thats what I do. You can hire a guide for a reasonable price like Paul from Cast Adventures, get a freind or 2 together and the cost is pretty minimal-i get heavy bass withdrawl because I have a lot of US freinds and customers who send me reports and pics, but I still love to get out for walleye, Pike and the whittie/laker bite on Simcoe, getting out on the Niagara next week for some steelies , The cool thing is we have a lot of cool fish before bass opens , so that helps me for sure.

In a couple of weeks the ice will be gone and the Crappie and other pan-fish will be in the shallows.

In mid-May Pike will open, in early June Musky season will start, then at the end of the month you can target Bass. In the mean time quickly release any incidental Bass you hook by accident.

Garry2R's

I will be pike fishing on april 2nd open year round on erie can't wait to break these puppies in.

195967_10150170387758336_535403335_8230642_2383158_n.jpg

Garry, I'm going to give the crappy a decent shot this year right after ice out. Any tips?

oh i know, ive been keeping my tacklebox in my bedroom, i cant keep running into the basement every 15 mins of the day, and with the LeBaron Sale this week, ive been busy. More so WIth the BPS Fishing Classic on next weekend. I cant wait to get out there and hook my first bass!

i wish i was allowed to keep my gear in the bedroom, but my wife would not be happy :rolleyes:

this way i can go down and spend some quality alone time with it haha

Edited by ranksda58

Garry, I'm going to give the crappy a decent shot this year right after ice out. Any tips?

minnows or microtubes under a slipfloat would be a great start, just work shorelines looking for overhanging branches and different structure. they sure are tasty buggers too :thumbsup_anim:

minnows or microtubes under a slipfloat would be a great start, just work shorelines looking for overhanging branches and different structure. they sure are tasty buggers too :thumbsup_anim:

I can't eat the damn things, but I wouldn't mind getting a bunch for the oldman :)

I use a Crappie bait that is a larger version of the trout bait made by Trout Magnet.

Crappie Baits

This is a jig and grub set-up.

If you want to come up and try some of mine in mid-April, feel free to PM me.

Garry2R's