My chat with the MNR store support

bigfish1965

Similar problem here, just havnt made the phone call yet. A friend of myne bought his licence last June (this is the first time for him) still have not recived the card. Now he wants to renew but where to you put the sticker?

Hes gonna make the call soon and by the sounds of it I should record the conversation.

did mine through snail mail and received it 3 weeks later...

years ago i didnt receive my card before they went on strike ...so i bought another license through CT to have something to produce and actually got charged for having two licenses...they dropped the charge but didnt refund my money for the second license

Edited by Twocoda

I presented a check made to ART MELANCON at my bank the new teller did not know me so she asked for my License to confirm the name. She said she could not cash it because it was made out to ART and my license said ARTHUR. She had been instructed to not cash checks made out to nick names. Sigh.....We had a discussion about the difference between nicknames and first names. It took the teller next to her to pull her aside and assure her it was O.K. to cash mt check. It is a good thing she did not see my Driving Record it has an alias on it McLancon due to a bad E somewhere in the records. Got to love the system.

Art

I called the 1 800 # today and asked if mine has been sent out. She only asked for the licence # and NO the card wasnt issued yet. Because I purchased it at a local bait shop. She assured me that within a month they will receive it and issue it. They are dealing with the direct purchases so far.

She was very Kind and quick to respond with all my questionsthumbsup_anim.gif

Know to call the MNR as see if my licence# is registered to my name for 2011devil.gifwhistling.gif

Well thanks to this thread I have now started my waiting process I wonder if Mike Parker can get it before who ever Obanion or O'Banion or what ever they last came up with LOL. Heck I dont think I will need mine before you Rick but I do think they will get me hooked up first.

Wow, not surprising but disappointing - you're just lucky the supervisor hadn't been promoted yet, cause then the person you spoke with will no doubt gets his job for following the protocols so well. A perfect example of bureaucratic training.

I can't imagine what would happen to Hubert if I had to call and ask; probably fry what few circuits he has - I go by my second name; and a contraction at that - Rick instead of Richard. My given name is a Welsh one, and man does that cause some confusion with North American pronounciation.. My drivers license is completely different than my outdoors card.

<_< Well that explains why I had trouble renewing on line. My last name has a "'" in it! It's a conspiracy against the Irish I tell you! I think the first request I'll make when I call will be, " Can I speak to your supervisor please?". :rolleyes: That ought'a cut the time for renewal in half.

Funny story Rick.... uh Richard....uh Dick! :clapping:

Dan O.

I guess us french people get off easy.. Bought my card at lebaron last year and everythign went well. This year I renewed right at the Sportsman show, and am good for another year. I guess we'll see when it is time for a new card again.

Roy

LOL Rick.. what were our ancestors thinking when they did that damn "son of" apostrophe... sarcasm.gif

Hopefully your never there, nor have to put up with it.. but Jen's a daily nightmare. Scans in TGeneral her name has the apostrophe.. Sinai has her with NO apostrophe.. OHIP card has one. They misplace her files/scans on a per visit bases because of that darn "tick".