Porta-bote parts

pidge

Long story short, anyone needing some parts for there Porta-Bote should get ahold of Patrica thru this link http://www.ontarioportableboats.com/home.html Picked up a new transom for $140.00 today. Not bad I figure considering the cost of a new boat. Anywho just wanted to say dealing with thses people was painless and a good transaction. Very satisified here :thumbsup_anim:

Good to hear they're good to deal with.. but that's an expensive piece of 3/4" plywood.

Now that you have a new one.. reinforce it with a piece of 1" x 1" x 0.125 alum angle. It will make the world of difference and your transom board won't warp when parked in the sun with the motor up.

portaboterear.jpg

This one's Terry's.. he had to have the drink holders...

portabotenewestmodel.jpg

Edited by irishfield

But it's still a wooden transom board.. no? Terry's is wood, or I've lost my beans... and his is a Genesis IV. I sold it to him.

Just recruised their site and I see they're now using a moulded transom. Since you have that one... did you forget it somewhere?? :whistling::unsure::D

Edited by irishfield

You know what Irish, I bought the boat a few years back on here from a member and it came with the plastic one. Wheather its the origional or not?????? I've seen one other in person and it to had the plastic transom. No I didnt leave it somewhere, it actually cracked. Hard to explain, but I dont know my own strenght :sarcasm: The hand tighteners on motors, well I overtightened it a wee bit with my old electric motor. Its hard to picture and explain, but theres a ridge along the top. Well the motor screw thingies are supose to sit under it. Well I split the difference and made a mess of it. Lesson learned. :wallbash:

I find it just as good and comfortable as any 12.6ft boat

and twice as stable

but yes I had mounting brackets on my atv and it was great

I had it out in 4 ft waves on simcoe on Jan 1 a few years ago and would never even consider doing that with a canoe

• 9 years later...

I bought from a yard sale a new porta bote genesis iv boat still boxed. When i opened it i found out i was missing transum, bow cover and seats. Where can i get these pieces or does anybody want to buy what i have.

New boat 2 wheels a seat and some other pieces that were also in a box .thanks for your help

I did they told me they dont support the gensis iv with parts any more and i should contact this site for help or to sell what i have

Maybe i just didnt take all of the boxes anyway hrre i am lol. Make me an offer i have the boat . 2 wheels 1 seat and some other stuff that came in the boxes

I figured i. An make a transum and seats out of solid oak or plywood the question is do i want to spend the time now that im pissed off at myself.... lol what do you think i could get for what i have. The boat has to be the largest part of the value, what do you think

doesn't look like too much work to make seats and a transom tbh. No idea what you paid, so no idea if you will take a hair cut selling what you have. What Wayne said about the seats and transom tells me it's worth the work. Otherwise you're back to square one. good luck whatever you do :)