I caught Quasimoto today!

Cudz

Got out on the penultimate day of ice fishing for lakers and whities on Simcoe. Not nearly as active as last week and I had to move 3 times before finding fish that would commit to taking the bait. I packed it in by 12:30.

Only had 3 bites and landed 2 fish.

The whitie came 15 ft off the bottom to smack the swammer. Just like a lake trout would do. I have never had a whitie swim 15 ft up to hit a lure.

The little laker was really strong and I thought I had a 8+ pound fish. Instead I pulled up a football/hunchback little trout. Too funny.

Both fish were caught on strikezone swammers and both go caught on the stinger hook. I tried everything today (spons,tubes, badboyz, rapalas, darters etc). Had about 5 or 6 chasers but on 3 fish to actually take a bite

Here are the pics. Both fish were released.

march141.jpg

mar142.jpg

NICE.Natural laker?

The whitie came 15 ft off the bottom to smack the swammer. Just like a lake trout would do. I have never had a whitie swim 15 ft up to hit a lure.

Terrys living proof they do.Seen it with me own eyes. :w00t:

Edited by Misfish

That is a fat laker there!

There are so many of you guys that got Mark's swammers to try out, and it seems that they are pretty damn awesome not on the ice(Of course for the bass too). Wish I won some of his swammers last time he was there at a bass club meeting. :(

Just the other day I heard some people talking about busting them out about 50m away from me...Note for everyone, your voice goes a super long way on the ice for some reason.

DUDE! It's an evolutionary mutation!!! So many Lakers have been caught and released from you simcoe anglers that they're starting to develop huge humps on their backs. The reason for the humps is so that they won't be able to fit up through your holes in the ice! lol

Nice fishin' bud! Lookin forward to your summertime smallie reports!

Cheers,

Ryan

DUDE! It's an evolutionary mutation!!! So many Lakers have been caught and released from you simcoe anglers that they're starting to develop huge humps on their backs. The reason for the humps is so that they won't be able to fit up through your holes in the ice! lol

Nice fishin' bud! Lookin forward to your summertime smallie reports!

Cheers,

Ryan

That is funny.

I too am looking forward to some smallie action. Long wait for sure. Summer can't come fast enough.

Thats so cool Chris -didnt expect those to be so effective on the ice but it makes sense I made it to swim at very slow speed, and the tail seems to trigger fish , lots of lakers and whitties were caught last fall targeting smallies, I look forward to using them in May /June on the lakers, they will be available soon, as the blister packs are arriving shortly, I've given out several samples and if i missed someone I apologize , I'll be fishing with my good freind Paul Castellano from Cast Adventures on the Niagara later this month , and really want to try them on the bar, I'll post some pics.

Thats so cool Chris -didnt expect those to be so effective on the ice but it makes sense I made it to swim at very slow speed, and the tail seems to trigger fish , lots of lakers and whitties were caught last fall targeting smallies, I look forward to using them in May /June on the lakers, they will be available soon, as the blister packs are arriving shortly, I've given out several samples and if i missed someone I apologize , I'll be fishing with my good freind Paul Castellano from Cast Adventures on the Niagara later this month , and really want to try them on the bar, I'll post some pics.

Got another today on a swammer too Mark. Is that the name you have given them Mark or does it have another. You just called them swimbaits to me, so I am not sure what their real name is. You need to get these out soon. I want to try them for summer bass too! The soft rubber sure makes their tails swim better than my hollow bellied baits. I am sure this bait is going to be another winner.

I'll be fishing with my good freind Paul Castellano from Cast Adventures on the Niagara later this month , and really want to try them on the bar, I'll post some pics.

good luck with that if there's a fresh run of chrome moving thru... :)

nice looking baits and great job on the fish!

have a pic from last year of a buddy with a big steelie buck that looks like it has a broken back. We called him quasi too, will have to dig it up.

Thanks guys, Hey Chris -I made a 31/4 incher and that has been the deal on Simcoe -was talkig with a freind today he hit one while chatting then missed two right after that, I cant wait for summer myself-tested them in the fall and I I knew I was onto something, Dave Chong and I fished with Gord Pyzer on Erie and we had an awesome day, will be flying to Kenora and joining gord for ice-out smallies and big pike -should be another good test, havnt had a chance to fish this winter , Paul has been catching some nice stellies and browns on a new minnow bait I made for bass , so I made some col steelie colors for him, so I look forward to testing those too. thats the best part the product testing LOL .