Toronto Sportsmen Show!

cwpowell

It will be option #2 for me. If I can't get out fishing somewhere, I'll be more than happy to spend my 20 + 10 (split on parking) for a day of entertainment. I will look forward to watching the dog shows, speaking to the reps on their new products, look at new product. If I am lucky, I will be able to compare products without having to go to several different places. I don't ever plan on going to these places to expect a deal... on tackle. If I was in the market for a boat, ATV or some other big ticket item, then yes I would expect a deal. To say the show is a rip off, you are right, best for you not to go as you will only get in the way of people who really want to spend the time on learning how to be more successful angling, hunting, etc... To say there are no deals to be found, how about you buy more than 20.00 - 50.00 worth of product from one vendor. I know I will be putting about 500.00 - 800.00 into someones till.

Cheers, Ron...

lebaron would be starting their no tax sale tomorrow.. it's worth noting that they will have the Shimano Symetre FJ/RJ marked down to $75... picked up the 1000 and 3000FJ already

With your sales tax at 13% take back the reels and repurchase them tomorrow.. :)

I stopped going years ago. It seems more and more there is less to do with fishing and hunting and more to do with all other out door sports. The price to get in and park is to much for me. If you can afford to go have fun.

Yea I have been going with my grandfather also my fishing mentor. But since they have been asking as much plus parking and walking to far is out of the question for him so we wold likely pay 20 dollars on top for parking. We don't go anymore I do miss it. But I still get out fishing with him lots.

I know admission seems expensive but the Sportsman Show is a non profit corporation and hands out grants to many needy organisations.The money raised by the shows helps fund lots of enviromental projects aswell as other outdoor events.Over the years the monies raised have helped many of our young outdoorsman particpate and get introduced to the outdoor sports many of us cherish. So maybe if you know your admission fee is going towards helping outdoor sports, it may not be as difficult to part with $19.00.

I know admission seems expensive but the Sportsman Show is a non profit corporation and hands out grants to many needy organisations.The money raised by the shows helps fund lots of enviromental projects aswell as other outdoor events.Over the years the monies raised have helped many of our young outdoorsman particpate and get introduced to the outdoor sports many of us cherish. So maybe if you know your admission fee is going towards helping outdoor sports, it may not be as difficult to part with $19.00.

If that is true, then at $19 per head, it sounds like a VERY high price....

most people are upset at these non profit organizations most just seem to get our money and give there buddies jobs or pay them selves huge money. if i was young again i would start a non profit organization and live the high life. and when a guy by the name of julian fantino sits on the board and they have not had a general meeting in two years. , well that just sums it up for me

Edited by chessy

Yea kinda sounds like they just want more money for there pockets, any non profit organization takes alot out of it. When the Tsunami hit Thailand and surrounding areas I seen on a Documentary that Red Cross only shipped a quarter of what was donated I can't remember the amount it was still a lot donated but where the other three quarters went is well hidden in pockets I bet. Kinda sad that some people can be selfish like that. I understand people need to make money but some of them are living the high life and don't want to truly help any one but there pockets.

The Sportman shows have donated over 31 million dollars in grants over the years,lots of your local clubs and events have benefited from this organisation. It's a shame when people have to bad mouth an organisation that has done so much good,I guess it's hard to please everyone. There's always going to be haters and skeptics

The Sportman shows have donated over 31 million dollars in grants over the years,lots of your local clubs and events have benefited from this organisation. It's a shame when people have to bad mouth an organisation that has done so much good,I guess it's hard to please everyone. There's always going to be haters and skeptics

PLEASE,,,,,,,,,,,

Those days are gone. Ever wonder why it has dwinddled to such a low show? Ya, boat and RV dealers can afford it but the little guys cant anymore. Which brings me to this,,,,,,,,,,,,,Why isnt BPS there? Why does LaBarons hold a no tax event during the show? Hell LaBarons was always at the entrance of the show.NO MORE. SHAKE YER HEAD. One can walk throught the show in an hour or so.Heck I walked through the spring show in 3 hours.Ya did it 3 times,just looking to meet other OFNER,S.Tickets were free or else I wouldnt of been attending.I know I keep saying "BACK WHEN" but that was when the show was the show.ENTERTANMENT.Ya spelt it wrong.

nough said.

im not a skeptic or a hater. would just like to know where the money goes. untill they "show me the money" i have decided to keep my money. with todays, lack of money making ,high fuel bills and groceries climbing, its about time these Non profit organizations broke even instead of turning a profit, and paying high salaries for doing nothing .

Don't ask me how much but I know that they have been donating to Ringwood Hatchery to help out operations.

Jack

we had that discussion already one member from that group came on here and told us they screwed the feed up and made them join a orgnization they had been vollenteering for years but had to join a group .. they begged the organization to buy differnt feed . they ended up takeing money out of there own pocket to buy feed... oh ya that organization charged them a handling fee to pay for the food .... non profit my ass

we had that discussion already one member from that group came on here and told us they screwed the feed up and made them join a orgnization they had been vollenteering for years but had to join a group .. they begged the organization to buy differnt feed . they ended up takeing money out of there own pocket to buy feed... oh ya that organization charged them a handling fee to pay for the food .... non profit my ass

your confusing the Sportsmen Show Corp with OFAH, the Sportsman Show corp only provides grants. They have supported Ringwood with grant money also Orillia Perch Festivals, Kids fishing Days and Credit River Angler Association just to name a few. If you have an event and wish to apply for a grant you can do it on there web site, who knows they may help you out.

The OFAH is the group your refering to in your post not the Sportsman Show corp, they are two completly different identities

you are correct . but are they not partners in alot of these things. ??? if you hang around dirt dont you become dirt???

i will call monday morning and get there finacial statement for 2010 as it should be open because they are non profit . and if i am wrong i will be the first to oppologize

My dad and I will be going again this year. I get off work at 5 so we'll be doing the after 5pm for $5. I work downtown anyway so travel and parking isn't an issue. The only thing I really want to get down there is a spool of Raven mono. We'll mostly just be going down for a walk and to pick up some free sausage and smoked meat samples :thumbsup_anim: