Fish-A-Thon...is now...

We've gone ahead and had a new logo done up by my good friend Richie - Cancer has stricken his family in a big way as of late and when I talked to him about doing up a more polished logo he jumped all over it. We decided to change the name to "Fish-a-Thon for a Cure" as we're trying to raise funds towards finding a CURE for this terrible disease.

Thanks again to Dan Bouck for doing the website!

www.fish-a-thon.com

Fish-a-thonnewlogoSmall.jpg

Please, if you're considering taking part either as a participant or a sponsor let us know! We're really stepping it up a few notches this year, working together with the good people at the Long Point Region Conservation Authority, Norfolk Tourism, the local tackle shops and so on. This is a full family event so please don't hesitate to contact us for more info! Full details are in the works and will be layed out soon!

Thanks again and have a great week!

Ryan

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

You're doing a great job with this Ryan. Good on ya.

Hopefully I'll be ready to get on the water again by then. This cause has become very close to my heart lately. I think it's great that we have a chance to combine fishing and helping others.

Anyone need ballast for their boat? I'm not as big as I used to be. I might just get myself a kayak by then though. It's going to be a while before I'm back in river walking shape so I might need the 'yak to fish my local creeks.

JF

Hopefully I'll be ready to get on the water again by then. This cause has become very close to my heart lately. I think it's great that we have a chance to combine fishing and helping others.

Anyone need ballast for their boat? I'm not as big as I used to be. I might just get myself a kayak by then though. It's going to be a while before I'm back in river walking shape so I might need the 'yak to fish my local creeks.

JF

John you got a seat in my boat if you want. Heck, I'll even set up a special comfy chair you too.....

Edited by HTHM

28??? I thought it was 32 Oh wait I guess it is now with the family we will be there with the dog in tow. I dont know if I will bring the boat or just fish from shore we will figure that out closer to the date either way we will be there for the weekend.

Looking forward to it for sure.

Ryan are you getting stickers made? I will take some and place them with pride on my boat

Edited by Mike P.

Saw this from Dan late last night, Ryan. Great move, after all the whole point of raising this money is for "a cure" for the disease that has pretty much hit all of us in one way or another.

:thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Thanks Frank! Lookin' forward to gettin together on the water again!

JF

Thanks John! Cancer seems to be closing in on me from every direction man. Another cousin (second cousin) is going in for surgery today for breast cancer. I wish I could do more... but this Fish-a-Thon is a start for me. We'll make sure you have a spot - I'd offer up a spot in my boat but I'm not sure if I'll be fishing, or just running things this year. Looks like you have a great offer already though! :thumbsup_anim: Keep in touch my friend!

Love the new logo Ryan :thumbsup_anim:B)

You can always count on me for a little package for this event :)

Jacques

Jacques you're one of the most generous dudes I know!!! I owe you a hundred times over! By the way I'm going to be up your way in August so we'll have to keep in touch around that time!

John you got a seat in my boat if you want. Heck, I'll even set up a special comfy chair you too.....

Solid offer HT! You're a good dude!

Looks great Ryan and I would love to get there and participate, but I don't think it's in the cards. Let me know if I can help in any other capacity.

You have more important things to worry about Irish! Everybody here know's how hard cancer has hit your family and this is exactly why so many people are getting involved and wanting to help out! Thanks for the offer man, you're one hell of a stand up dude!

Looks great ryanthumbsup_anim.gif

Im working on a little something to add to the prize tablewhistling.gif

Thanks dude!

We are up to 28 participants as of right now :thumbsup_anim:

Sweet!

Maybe 29, I'll likely be a plus one. :Gonefishing:

Awesome - Lookin' forward to finally meeting you dude!

28??? I thought it was 32 Oh wait I guess it is now with the family we will be there with the dog in tow. I dont know if I will bring the boat or just fish from shore we will figure that out closer to the date either way we will be there for the weekend.

Ryan are you getting stickers made? I will take some and place them with pride on my boat

Mike! Can't wait to see you guys again! If you don't want to haul the big boat down they have canoes you can rent and I might be able to find a little tinny or something that you can borrow, but keep me posted!

How do I sign up? My girlfriend and I want to be involved!

Awesome - Looks like Dano sent you a PM! Looking forward to see you guys out on the water chasing buckets!

This is going to be a huge event I can't wait :thumbsup_anim:

That's the plan!

Also - stickers are a good idea I never thought of that before! Let me see what I can figure out!

Jacques you're one of the most generous dudes I know!!! I owe you a hundred times over! By the way I'm going to be up your way in August so we'll have to keep in touch around that time!

:thumbsup_anim: It would be an honor to meet you in person B) Let's make it happen :thumbsup_anim:

Hi Ryan,

This is an awesome and admirable undertaking. Kudos to you and your team of volunteers. BTW, great website Dan Bthumbsup_anim.gif .

I would like to donate a half day salmon/rainbow trip for 2 people on Lake Ontario in August (same as Tyler event). Please pm me if this is of interest to you and we can exchange info.

Regards,

Simon/Pikeslayer

Thanks John! Cancer seems to be closing in on me from every direction man. Another cousin (second cousin) is going in for surgery today for breast cancer. I wish I could do more... but this Fish-a-Thon is a start for me. We'll make sure you have a spot - I'd offer up a spot in my boat but I'm not sure if I'll be fishing, or just running things this year. Looks like you have a great offer already though! :thumbsup_anim: Keep in touch my friend!

Yup. Sounds like Albert will take care of this old feller if the creaky body allows me to get out to play. I appreciate it. I'm trying to think of some way I can contribute to the prize table to help out.

Cancer sucks. I'm not sure if it's the biggest medical research battle we have to fight but it's right up there. There are so many kinds and so many types of treatment. It's pretty amazing how far they've come, even in the last few years. Every day they seem to have some new alternatives for treatments and diagnoses. There's already been too much of it in my family but the numbers just keep mounting.

And on a happier note, how's the new babe?

JF

Hi Ryan,

This is an awesome and admirable undertaking. Kudos to you and your team of volunteers. BTW, great website Dan Bthumbsup_anim.gif .

I would like to donate a half day salmon/rainbow trip for 2 people on Lake Ontario in August (same as Tyler event). Please pm me if this is of interest to you and we can exchange info.

Regards,

Simon/Pikeslayer

Simon I'm just one of the many great people like yourself who come together to make this thing happen! Without support from sponsors like yourself, the people behind the scenes and the participants involved it wouldn't be the great success that it has been the past couple of years! Thank you VERY much for the offer! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: I'll fire you a PM later tonight!

Have a great day and thanks again!

Cheers,

Ryan

Yup. Sounds like Albert will take care of this old feller if the creaky body allows me to get out to play. I appreciate it. I'm trying to think of some way I can contribute to the prize table to help out.

Cancer sucks. I'm not sure if it's the biggest medical research battle we have to fight but it's right up there. There are so many kinds and so many types of treatment. It's pretty amazing how far they've come, even in the last few years. Every day they seem to have some new alternatives for treatments and diagnoses. There's already been too much of it in my family but the numbers just keep mounting.

And on a happier note, how's the new babe?

JF

John - hopefully you're feeling up to the challenge as I'd like to see you out on the water again soon! Even if you just made it out the the BBQ for some good food and laughs!

As for the babe - she's great! Not sleeping well at night, but that's to be expected and we're just happy that the doctors were wrong about her weight and such!

Don't get to bent out of shape tryin' to figure out something to donate to the Fish-a-Thon! just showing up and supporting us is good with me!

ps. figure out any winning patterns for catching that grandchild of yours?

Big Thanks goes out to my bud Richie again who made up Posters and an ad for the LPRCA guide and for Norfolk Tourism! The posters along with some cards will be delivered to tackle shops and other locations across SW ontario!

Fish-a-thonadV1.jpg

Fish-a-thonFinalPoster.jpg

If you think you have a good place to put a poster up please let me know!

Cheers,

Ryan