Habs - Bruins Game - Awful Hit

Leecher

For those thinking Chara's actions were not deliberate...

This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow1cw8l_rm8&feature=fvst

and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2XhQI3K37c

show Chara losing his little neanderthal barbarian mind when he is frustrated and embarrassed. He clearly targeted Pacioretty 2 other times before tonight's incident.

In the second video Chara b-lines right to Max and starts throwing punches while Max is tangling with another Bruin already.

Then tonight this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx2AxYxgqRA

Look at the directionality he launches Pacioretty. Its not 90 degrees into the boards. He shoves him straight ahead directly into the glass. No doubt in my mind it was an action with intent to injure.

Even though I hate the Habs I can't see how anyone would think that was clean Chara seen the glass and then hits Max right for it. I can't stand Chara I think he deserves a big suspension. Thats worst then some of these head hits there calling and he knew what he was doing.

I've looked at that vid about a dozen times, completely unbiased.

Sorry, but it didn't look that bad to me, Chara hit him with his shoulder. It certainly wasn't boarding, or a head shot.

The man is so huge and overpowering that an otherwise normal hit has huge consequences for a guy like "patches".

And yes, I'd feel exactly the same way if it was Kessel being pummeled.

In "patches" case the phrase "live by the sword, die by the sword" comes to mind.

Obviously I hope the kid isn't hurt, but hockey is more or less a blood sport. If you find it too rough then don't watch.

No way should Chara be suspended.

Sorry boys, but that was a clean hit. Chara was just doing his job and not letting patches get by. When your on the ice you dont know where the glass starts and ends, everything is happening so fast. I have played alot of hockey in my day and have been on both sides of a hit like that. Just the way it is.

It appears, as someone else pointed out, that hockey, today is a blood sport.

A game where hospitalizing your opponent is as important as goal scoring. It's not the game it used to be, that's for sure.

This violent game is also trickling down into junior levels with on ice brawls and after game brawls occurring at the 15-16yr old level.

i root for neither team.......actually i dislike both teams and especially chara. I saw it as driving thru a check, and my guess is he probably wanted to sensationalize the hit by stoppin him cold on the stantion........but i wouldnt imagine he intended for the outcome he got. All that being said.........im not chara or patch nor was i in the building so my comments dont amount to a hill of beans.

It appears, as someone else pointed out, that hockey, today is a blood sport.

A game where hospitalizing your opponent is as important as goal scoring. It's not the game it used to be, that's for sure.

This violent game is also trickling down into junior levels with on ice brawls and after game brawls occurring at the 15-16yr old level.

Isn't it great when you look back on the past and only remember the parts you want.

Tony Massaroti wrote a good article in the Boston Globe today about this hit. It is titled "Chara hit difficult to defend". I personally did not like the hit. These guys know where they are on the ice at all times. Plus there was no puck. I say give him 10 games. Will not happen because even though Campbell is not presiding over the case he will still have input on it. Time for Campbell to go.

clean hit, just bad luck..

how many times in a game does a forward try and beat the defencemen on the outside and he gets rubbed out?? ALL THE TIME.. this was just bad luck that the partition was there and he kissed it. If he get rubbed out into the bench the crowd would be cheering and you wouldnt hear two peeps about it.

Edited by dobee