tackle making (simple like spinner baits)

skinny

Hello I would like to start making some spinner baits and other simple tackle. through out the seasons I have been lucky to go fishing with several hosts.I would like to be able to give something back as a token of appreciation. So I thought this could be a simple way to do it. Wha are the sugestions on here for someone starting out. buy a kit or just supplies and go at it. I have never done any of this before but willing to try

Hello I would like to start making some spinner baits and other simple tackle. through out the seasons I have been lucky to go fishing with several hosts.I would like to be able to give something back as a token of appreciation. So I thought this could be a simple way to do it. Wha are the sugestions on here for someone starting out. buy a kit or just supplies and go at it. I have never done any of this before but willing to try

I think that's a great idea! Purchasing a kit or the components separately both have their benefits. A kit obviously makes things easier and is a great way to learn what you need. Probably a good place to start if the price is right. Buying the supplies separate gives you more control over quality and selection of course, but can be more expensive [but not always]. The components also come in various stages of "completeness". For example, you can buy the spinner bait forms (the wire) and mold them yourself or buy them pre-made - both painted and unpainted. Same thing for the silicon skirts. You can buy them pre-tied or do it yourself. Too many options!

If you're handy with an air brush, you can open up a whole world of options by simply just custom painting blades and spoons.

Luremaking.com is a good place to start. They have some guides online and sell various components. The do sell a spinnerbait kit that makes three spinnerbaits for $7 to $10 depending on the size. I have not ordered from them myself but I am pretty sure others on OFC have.

Once you get into it it's a lot of fun.

Luremaking.com is surely a great place to purchase the supplies needed. Your local bait shop should have it as well, just to get you started.

ok I have been looking in the lure making stuff. and I'm wondering if you can get the pre moulded wire for spinnerbaits like it looks the kit gives you as I'm not sure i'm want to mold any yet

I have not contacted lure making to ask them yet (cause maybe I'm blind and missed them in the catalog)

ok I have been looking in the lure making stuff. and I'm wondering if you can get the pre moulded wire for spinnerbaits like it looks the kit gives you as I'm not sure i'm want to mold any yet

I have not contacted lure making to ask them yet (cause maybe I'm blind and missed them in the catalog)

Yes, they sell them.

Yes you can.... just like the ones I bought not too long ago

DSC04401.jpg

and you can also buy the kits that have the painted ends :)