Lipless rattle Baits

bucktail

I used to use them quite regularly for smallies but for some reason, maybe a few slow days of no action on them, they fell out of use. Might clean the rust off some this summer and see what transpires. I have both Rapala and Cotton cordells baits, and tended to have more successon the Cordells. No rhyme or reason other than maybe the size, colour or rattle.

Ref Japanese lures. You'd be hard pressed to sell me on that idea. I've fished the north where we would toss our silver cigarette paper out and pike and trout would hit it. I have a friend who used to make spoons out of....well..spoons! And they worked as good as any manufactured bait.

I know - bummer! I was looking forward to seeing The Eyebrows in action!

Soon, man. I did get out Tuesday, and it was unbelievable.

If it was at the same place we were on the weekend, I can just imagine!!!

Clearly Double Digits likes common lures. Thank goodness after all there's always live bait. For the rest of the guys here, there's a reason top anglers use Japanese lures when money is involved or they want to max out their success. Bottom line is if you are satisfied with Rapalas or any other "domestic" lures you are missing LOTS of fish virtually antwhere you fish around the GTA or even southern Ontario. Same goes for quality spinnerbaits over the 3 for $10 ones you see on bait store racks. Quality lures take research and execution to manufacture, just like cars, boats, clothes etc. Even in remote locations where the fish are not conditioned quality Japanese lures will consitently out fish Rapalas and the other American hardbait products (except Hildebandts of course) This is somthing virtually all dedicated high profile anglers know (but frequently do not tell to the general public)

Elevator pitch!

LOL