Do you agree with the Oscar Academy this year?

bassfighter

My family, watch the oscar last night. We have not actually seen The best picture ....The King's Speech, but some of the film clips they showed look very touching, aca Forrest Gump.

I saw the movie ....Social Network, definitely not Best Picture caliber in my opinion, However the movie is inspiring for anyone with Entrepreneurial spirit, to aim for what they believe in.

Did young Anne Hathaway did a good job as a host? The academy tried to do something different this year, using a younger host.

One of the movie that won under documentary section which I also saw was entitles "Inside job" It was about years of potential corruption within the US financial law governing people, allowing many top CEO of Banks and financial advisers to profit from the lenient lending policy that was allowed. Their money making scheme eventually lead to the recession in 2008. You guys must try to see this movie, an eye opener. After seeing the movie, one will continue to question why white collar criminals are seldom persecuted in North America, and most private citizen in generation have to indirectly suffer for their action. I do not see any difference between greediness of first world bureaucrats versus corruption of some ousted President of third world countries. It is actually scary to ponder on which bank one should put our money in these days. Canadian banks are actually vulnerable to the problems that had happened in the US banking system. Most bank's financial or mortgage lending advisers have the same attitude, they do not care about what will eventually happen to their client's financial future, over lending to those who might be more prone to financial trouble. All these guys care about was their high commission. In last month US Real Estate industry report, Property sales were still down below 6% based on previous year. Some of Florida's condo were in the $50,000 range and still no buyers. The cheapest property in Detroit was sold at $17,000. Many Canadians over spending around $1.40 for every $1 they make. Prices of Toronto Properties are in record high ever, so does credit card debt.

Edited by bassfighter

Do I agree with the F-bomb that was dropped (and no 7 second delay here in Canada), the winners of the awards or the political rant of the award for the documentary you are speaking of?

Ann Hathaway did a great job, her sidekick, like a stick in the mud.

Other than that, it was all pretty boring and I'll never get that time back so I'll pretend it never happend :lol:

Still trying to get the thought/sight of Kirk Douglas and his somewhat perverted comments out of my head :o:blink: