A Canadian Tourist Missing

currently missing in Afghanistan after travelling to the country as a tourist. :wallbash:

Canadian and Afghan officials are working “to assist the family in securing the safe release” of the man :dunno:

WHY????????????

If he is that stupid, let his family deal with it.

It never ceases to amaze me at how little sense of self preservation some people have. :dunno:

The federal government advises Canadians to avoid all travel to Afghanistan, calling the situation in the Middle Eastern country “volatile and unpredictable” and adding that the threat to Canadians from terrorist violence is very high.

“Canadians undertaking travel despite this warning take serious risks,” Foreign Affairs’ travel report warns.

My guess is no one goes to Afghanistan on holliday.

There's probably more going on here that we'll never know.

I think you are right, Solo.

This guy wasn't on 'vacation'. :whistling:

Now he has some big problems :wallbash:

This guy is a complete moron!! I feel sorry for his family and for the poor taxpayer. His family will probably have to pay an undisclosed sum for his release (if they don't skin him first) and External Affairs will have to pay staffers who knows how much to deal with this. I'm being a bit coldhearted but I don't suffer fools and this guy certainly qualifies. Who in their right mind goes to a war zone who doesn't have any business there (soldiers, media, mercenaries (oops, I meant private contracters), and the like).