Kopper's Live target

Eazy

Wow, what a great thread. Hey G, I know you don't feel bad for what you said. I agree with you, as do alot of others. I haven't tried the Koppers yet but I will some day. I already have a ton of stuff at my disposal that catches fish on a regular basis. Them frogs sure look nice though. Mercer might of been a little sensitive to your comments but you were by no means slagging him. I'm sure Dave is a great guy, and he does a fine job promoting sport fishing. I don't watch his show, because I find his humour a little corny, and silly. That doesn't mean I don't like the man. I love this site because we all have our own opinions and don't mind sharing them with each other. And of course there is going to be differences,thats what makes it so interesting.

Interesting read. I don't see anything wrong with Grimace posting his opinion here. It didn't seem to me like a personal attack. I do however, think that he did paint all "pros" with the same brush like Charles stated. I have known Dave Mercer for years, and I have never known him to lie about anything. He has always come across as down to earth and genuine to me. He has always presented himself in a professional manor as far as I know. I will always have respect for the man unless he gives me a reason otherwise, which I don't believe he will.

Many pros really do like the products they endorse and believe in them. IMO Just because someone is paid to endorse a product or is on the pro staff, it doesn't mean that their opinion is null and void on the products. Yes, there are some pros that do not have good ethics, but most do from my experience. It is up to you to judge each pros character and decide if they are trustworthy. Unfortunately, it is easy to be left with a bad taste in your mouth if you have a bad experience with an unethical pro. Quite often a bad apple in the bunch can ruin it for others.

As for the Koppers baits, they do look nice. Although I have been on the Rapala pro staff for 10 years, I do occasionally use other brands. Like tools in a toolbox is a good analogy from earlier in this thread. I got a few Koppers baits this winter to try out when the situation presents itself in clear water. I'm sure they will have their place at certain times, even though I have boxes full of my old faithful Rapalas.

I believe this is all just my unbiased opinion since I no longer have a TV show or have paying sponsors anymore. Take it for what it is worth.

Good fishing!

Aaron

Thanks for this Aaron.

I for one am excited about these lures and plan on picking up a selection that i can try out this season.

What i am planning on using are the lipless cranks and espcially the frogs for LMB.

Paul

I don't get fired up Mike, I just say it like it is.

And you can take that to the bank, folks.

I haven't any of Grant's baits but I'll get some for the soft water season.

I don't get fired up Mike, I just say it like it is.

Fair enough, guess I'm just too used to reading debates and topics only to see it locked. Guess this topic is not "lock down" material...Not like Mercer and Kulik said anything that we would wan't to improve on...O well at least the bashing stopped.

I'm with Dave on this one! now I remember why I havnt posted for so long.

Hey Grimace,

Comments like this my friend is why less and less pro's are posting on this or any board! Thanks for reminding me not to post fishing info on a fishing board that I have been a member of and supported in MANY,MANY ways for years!!!

Fair enough, guess I'm just too used to reading debates and topics only to see it locked. Guess this topic is not "lock down" material...Not like Mercer and Kulik said anything that we would wan't to improve on...O well at least the bashing stopped.

The thing is Mike, everybody has an opinion on things and that's something we're all entitled to.

A post comes up and folks say what's on their mind. Some guys agree with them and others disagree but that doesn't make one right and it doesn't make the other guy wrong either, it's just the way it is and is what keeps things interesting.

If you don't like what some folks think, it's no reason to lock a thread.

And just so you know, just because a so-called "pro" says something, doesn't necessarily mean it's right or wrong either.

The thing is Mike, everybody has an opinion on things and that's something we're all entitled to.

A post comes up and folks say what's on their mind. Some guys agree with them and others disagree but that doesn't make one right and it doesn't make the other guy wrong either, it's just the way it is and is what keeps things interesting.

If you don't like what some folks think, it's no reason to lock a thread.

And just so you know, just because a so-called "pro" says something, doesn't necessarily mean it's right or wrong either.

:good: :good: :good:

I just watched Roland Martin while dining on my Saturday pancakes....he's a checkout girl dressed to look like a fishermen...in the 10 minutes I watched, he mentioned his Johnny Morris reel three times.... :whistling:

:good: :good: :good:

I just watched Roland Martin while dining on my Saturday pancakes....he's a checkout girl dressed to look like a fishermen...in the 10 minutes I watched, he mentioned his Johnny Morris reel three times.... :whistling:

Roland Martin is the grandfather of professional fishing, him, Al Linder and a few others created the multi million dollar markets of angling.Pro Bass fishing, Walleye fishing, the invention of Bass boats, electronics and million other tecniques were all invented by a few of these anglers with a vision.Without the work done by guys like Roland Martin the fishing industry would be years behind the market it is today,and Professional Bass and other tournament fishing would probably not exsist.I say cut the dude some slack he's just trying to make a living.

I noticed something here in this thread that I did not like but the mods continued to let happen where they wouldnt let it happen in another thread without locking and or deleting it.

Guys at no time did I say I was leaving the board or not posting. I will just be thinking twice before I comment on any fishing product. This board is a great place with many great people that I am proud to call my friends. It's just to bad that often when any pro posts something he is jumped on and accused of spamming. But hey I guess it is easy to do that when you don't use your real name like I do. Maybe I should register a different screen name that I can just use for such attacks. Hmmmmmm what should it be maybe something really cool....something like Grimace but I think that is already taken lol.

So Dave can openly flame Grimace for stating his honest and frank opinion, but if another "regular member" (who isn't a 'pro' was to say something like that the thread would get locked if not deleted.

Just sayin guys. A little nepotism here? Just remember it's guys like us that pay for pro's free rides. A prostaff fisherman really is just a really good salesman.

Roland Martin is the grandfather of professional fishing, him, Al Linder and a few others created the multi million dollar markets of angling.Pro Bass fishing, Walleye fishing, the invention of Bass boats, electronics and million other tecniques were all invented by a few of these anglers with a vision.Without the work done by guys like Roland Martin the fishing industry would be years behind the market it is today,and Professional Bass and other tournament fishing would probably not exsist.I say cut the dude some slack he's just trying to make a living.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: