Bud Shootout

Handlebarz

Well that was a different Daytona race it should be interesting to see how it will work when there are 43 cars out there for 500 miles.

Anyhoo I just thought it was great to see Kyle wreck out the first race of the season I can only hope for 36 more LOL.

I did find it funny how he did not bash Mark for putting him into the wall is this a different Kyle this year??? Or him just knowing that you dont bash Mark as he is not one who would do this on purpose?

I was just sitting here making some lures and thinking about the race and wondered what everyone else here thought about it?

I myself have never been so happy with the shootout..That was an awesome race!! My boy won it, 205 mph in pairs. Kurt can thank Hammerhead Hamlin and jamie mcmurray for that thou..looks like the 500 is going to be amazing this year!!!!

GO KURT BUSCH!! 22

Once they get up to speed Jr will try to find a slow car to run with up along the wall where he won't get hurt.

He's been scared to drive for several years.

When the day comes that he decides to win instead of ride he may do well again.

He needs Richard Childress . Dont give a crap what anyone else says.Richard knew his father better then anyone.

As for the "TEAM" Gordon and Jimmy could give a crap about him.Martin on the other hand, does,and trusts him.

For you other NASCAR junkies we have an OFC fantasy pool at Yahoo set up by Danc.The group number is 8039 and the password is OFC.BTW I think Bernie has hit the nail on the head for JR.I like the way he handles himself on interviews and stuff but he seems very tentative when he drives.

Joe

For you other NASCAR junkies we have an OFC fantasy pool at Yahoo set up by Danc.The group number is 8039 and the password is OFC.BTW I think Bernie has hit the nail on the head for JR.I like the way he handles himself on interviews and stuff but he seems very tentative when he drives.

Joe

Did you watch the race? I would say he was doing very well. He just needs to get over that "HUMP"

Im rewatching it now on speed. Theres half a field like said. No friends.Wait til Sunday. Find the piper and they wil follow. :good:

Edited by Misfish

I agree, there's no racing till turn 4 of the last lap, what a joke daytona is going to be

Just a thought on this.

Maybe the racing has become like this due to the lack/decline of big sponsors? Not flipp,n the bill for new cars to replace the smashed up ones and what not,so the tight racing has taken a step back. :dunno:

Also drivers dont want to wreck to many cars and be out of a job.

Edited by Misfish

I think the 500 will be a completely different race than what we saw at the shootout. 43 cars is going to change everything and with the changes nascar has made to try and slow the cars down, I think the racing will be much tighter and the 2 car draft won't be as dominant. And, there's a good chance Nascar will try and slow the cars down even more after the Gatorade Duels which will only make for better racing.

i enjoyed that race..Watching paint dry is what i do for a living, some days... trust me I drink way more beer when watching racing...Poor Jr fans..Hopelessly waiting for him to learn to drive. 24 and 88 will take eachother out in turn 3 on the 1st lap...lol

I found the shootout interesting. A little different style of racing.

I'm still wondering if the two car scenario will play out throughout the 500.

O ya, Brian, Jr. will finish 33rd. :jerry:

After the shootout Nascar made some rule changes.

Come the 500 the teams are required to block off or remove 2 of the air vents in the front of thier cars. Nascar is doing this so that they will need to switch off more often while paired up. It was pretty boring watching them just run around in pairs. It was more fun when they ran better in bigger groups.

I dont know why they made these changes so fast LET EM RACE first then make changes at least the duels this week but to make these changes after the shoot out was to quick IMO.

They're panicing because of the high speeds.

You get a full load of cars on the track all doing over 200 mph and one guy sneezes all hell will break loose.