what song are you listening to right now???

There is some great music being put out by some young people today not just in the US but here too. That new show on CTV I think last winter showcasing young Canuck talent was refreshing. I can't say it has always been like that. The 90's and into the new millennium was a drought decade and longer here for my tastes.

I'm in a small roadhouse on The Tamiami Trail in Fla last winter having a beer. There is a good 3 piece R&B/Blues group playing to 20 people eating Chicken Wings. A kid comes out of the kitchen and takes off his apron and slings a guitar over his shoulder. He played along then did a guitar solo that would make Jack White, Edge and Jimmy Page nod their heads in approval.  I expected the little room to catch fire. He calmly put down the thing and went back into the kitchen to cook more wings.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

• 1 month later...

Went to U of T 1969 -74, took Forestry, these photos are mostly from that time frame, lots of memories watching them, saw Murray once at the old Riverboat in Yorkville would have been 1970 when he was just starting out.