what song are you listening to right now???

On 2/23/2023 at 12:06 PM, Headhunter said:

HH

I took my daughter's to see them a number of times locally at a friends bar "This Ain't Hollywood," Joe (look over my left shoulder at the signed paraphernalia available).

Good times, up close and personal and chat time with them too.  ;)

24775133_170771273518187_8034427168104947280_n.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirCranksalot said:

sad news indeed.  I am a long time JB fan. Lindley very much shaped the sound on some of JBs best songs----For a Dancer, Running on Empty.  He played the slide guitar like no other. BTW---That was his falsetto on "Stay" on the "Empty" record.

I get a chuckle everytime I see the video where he leaves his steel guitar and does that, the facial expressions are priceless

On 3/6/2023 at 10:32 PM, SirCranksalot said:

Thx for posting that. Here's another---starts about 1:12. A true eccentric by all accounts

JB apparently encouraged DL to go out and have a solo career. JB was quoted afterwards as saying that was the craziest and stupidest thing he(JB) ever did

You may like this reunion 

On 3/9/2023 at 6:25 PM, dave524 said:

You may like this reunion 

Thx for that. I quite enjoyed it.

Here's a tribute by one of people who knew him best and appreciated his talent, Jackson Browne

Jackson Browne Mourns ‘Genius’ Guitarist David Lindley – Billboard

No big surprise that it showed up 2 weeks or so later. I guess he took the slow and painstaking process approach that he takes to songwriting.😄

Here's a bit if trivia for you in case you hadn't already heard it: JB was taking so long to finish "Take it Easy" that his friend Glenn Frey kept offering to finish it for him, which he eventually did and made it a big hit for the Eagles.

• Like 1

You have to remember this is 1960, pre anyone hearing about the Beatles or the Stones and these guys had been doing shows like this for a few years. Not only are they very technically proficient and tight but their showmanship  is ten years ahead of anyone like Hendrix, the Who etc doing anything like this onstage, sure they influenced a lot of later acts so why have we not heard of them ? 

• Like 2

While we are revisiting 1960 , here is the master Hank Marvin and the Shadows , they were far more mainstream, everyone knew about them . Always thought this sounded like music for one of Clint's spaghetti westerns 

Edited by dave524