what song are you listening to right now???

Thx for posting

I have been a JB fan for decades but just recently heard of Lindley. There is a movie called going home that has quite a bit of footage of the 2 togeter. I have also recently discovered a high quality Youtube video of a solo concert done a few years ago and have been enjoying that.

BTW---Leland has his own podcast. Any idea why DL is not on the current tour?

1 hour ago, SirCranksalot said:

Thx for posting

I have been a JB fan for decades but just recently heard of Lindley. There is a movie called going home that has quite a bit of footage of the 2 togeter. I have also recently discovered a high quality Youtube video of a solo concert done a few years ago and have been enjoying that.

BTW---Leland has his own podcast. Any idea why DL is not on the current tour?

I subscribe to Lelands youtube channel, that is how I discovered  the first video

I have a bootleg DVD of this but it is all there on youtube, there isn't a stringed instrument on this planet that Lindley can't play , there is 16 videos

Edited by dave524

On 9/6/2021 at 1:44 PM, dave524 said:

I subscribe to Lelands youtube channel, that is how I discovered  the first video

I have a bootleg DVD of this but it is all there on youtube, there isn't a stringed instrument on this planet that Lindley can't play , there is 16 videos

Is the DVD sound quality as this? I don't normally buy bootleg as I see it as short-changing the artist. In this case though, I have bought most of his CDs and most vinyl before that so I kind of 'paid my dues". Love that song----it came our around the time I was going thru my divorce and I played it a lot!!. 

8 hours ago, SirCranksalot said:

Is the DVD sound quality as this? I don't normally buy bootleg as I see it as short-changing the artist. In this case though, I have bought most of his CDs and most vinyl before that so I kind of 'paid my dues". Love that song----it came our around the time I was going thru my divorce and I played it a lot!!. 

I didn't buy the DVD , torrented it from a private trading site years ago   http://www.thetradersden.org/   and burned it myself, if I look I might have the original Video_TS folder stored somewhere. Sound quality is very good, off the soundboard and the filming is professional, not one of those fans with a cellphone  crappy videos. The whole 16 song setlist is in the youtube I posted , it is a playlist, click on the 1 of 16 in the upper right corner

Edited by dave524

On 9/8/2021 at 6:12 AM, dave524 said:

I didn't buy the DVD , torrented it from a private trading site years ago   http://www.thetradersden.org/   and burned it myself, if I look I might have the original Video_TS folder stored somewhere. Sound quality is very good, off the soundboard and the filming is professional, not one of those fans with a cellphone  crappy videos. The whole 16 song setlist is in the youtube I posted , it is a playlist, click on the 1 of 16 in the upper right corner

The sound on those Youtube videos is just great. 

The strong friendship and respect between those 2 is quite obvious and prob what makes this such a great show. They are obviously enjoying themselves. DL's clothes seem to be a long standing in joke between the 2----it shows up in the movie made much earlier. 

I also watched a video made 4-5 later in which DL is the lead singer for Mercury and JB, Bonnie R and Shawn Colvin are doing backup----a much bluesier version. And JB seems to be wearing the same drab grey shirt!!😁

Edited by SirCranksalot
  • Like 1