what song are you listening to right now???

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched again the movie about Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody. Like most movies I get more the 2nd time around and if I like it the 3rd, 4th or more. I was never a real fan until Freddy Mercuries death and then seemed to enjoy the music but more importantly came to respect it. Wayne's World was basically Queen to me until this Oscar winning performance came out. Remi Malek deserved the Oscar he got for best actor. I remember him in "Band of Brothers" that he did a great job in as well. He was the soldier in Easy Company that took the gold teeth out of the dead Japanese soldiers, also a true story about the 101st Airborne in WW2, sorry I digress, again. My former wife was a huge fan. She flew to Chicago if I recall to see a concert in the early 80's with her girl friends, maybe? My wife today really loves the music of Queen.  She was in High School when the band was going strong. I think we generally tend to much more enjoy latter on in life the music we had growing up too. Mine were everyone from The Who to James Brown, Herb Albert and Sly and the Family Stone, including the Beatles that were still together when I hit H.S. I can't find a time in music history stronger than the late 60's and early 70's. Below is something I found that clears up some fact from fiction between the flic and real life. I don't know how accurate the article is as I have not vetted the author. I do intend on buying my wife Mercury's memoir "Mercury and Me" for her to read and I intend on reading it as well. Just some info for you Queen fans, there are more than a few here I'm sure. 

https://slate.com/culture/2018/10/bohemian-rhapsody-fact-fiction-freddie-mercury-movie-accuracy.html

4 hours ago, Spiel said:

I went to Toronto on Monday with my buddy to take in both Tool shows, the second day as a VIP and got in on the sound check and second row seating for the show. Pretty freaking amazing two days.image.png

Listening to new tool album everyday lately! Went and seen them last week in Detroit

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

we grew up together during the summers in a trailer park in Haliburton, our parents had no clue where we were during the day, they'd just hope we were alive and came back for dinner

we had a tussle one day, he was as strong as an ox, with our younger brothers cheering us on, it didn't take long until he was sitting on my chest

this is the first of my crew, my generation, to die from something like this

please, nobody post condolences, I don't want that, just everybody appreciate their lives and the health of their family and friends

•  
    •  

•  

Edited by chris.brock
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...