A mini weekend road trip

MJL

great lookin trip boys! i can finally now believe that theres lakers in that lake haha. ive spent many hours on that lake lookin for them in the summer when i go up to buddies cottage and only ever pulled out smallies! we always mark tonnes of fish suspended deep though we never got any to commit, ive even heard stories of ppl catching browns and bows in same lake! but i guess those two have still yet to be proven :whistling:

best wishes as always and see you out on the water soon!!!

Good to hear from you Mike, lots to absorb in your post.

First I'm happy you got the mags, not so happy that they'll be reading material during chemo. :(

Nice weekend getaway as well, been a few years since I've been up in the near north for winter lakers, always a good time though. You three are hardcore.... thumbsup_anim.gif

Be well and please keep me/us up to speed on your progress.

Great to read a report from you Mike!

I can't believe you nutbars had dinner then fished again on the open ice 'till 1am after fishing all day in the cold! For ling! :lol:

I think I remember what it was like to have that kind of fire burning in my belly. :) Ahh to be young.

You're a fighter, stay the course and beat this thing!

I'm looking forward to showing you some special steelhead spots this year.

Chris, very nice gesture of you.

Cheers

We were pretty tired by the time we walked back to the car with all the snow/slush, after a full day of fishing. I was devastated lol, drilled alot of holes and covered alot of grounds trying to find some active fish, and skunking.

Couldn't have passed up the chance to redeem myself when we heard that the ling turn on at night haha. That was my biggest ever fish on ice though so i was happy. Now I just need to catch my first ever laker soon.

Edited by Victor

Terrific report Mike !

I hope you have a quick recovery and looking forward to sharing this same shore again this summer...

BTW...That mac and cheese diet should make you my size in no time...whistling.gif

Great report! That ski set-up is very similar to one i made for my rig last year except i have a couple vertical bars to keep the hut centered (i don't use any bungies). Definately saves tons of effort hauling the gear out.

The fish may have been small but spending time catching any fish is still better than dealing with the stink of skunk. :whistling:

All the best with your treatment and I hope you have a quick recovery!

great report MJ..... your positive disposition will serve u well in this period of your life.

Thank you for sharing this past weekend with us.

Now, to help`add the weight, start drinking 3-6 can's of Ensure per day...( my asian wife is in same boat as you for weight issues).

Because you NEED the weight gain, and NEED to prevent the weight loss, your doctor will be able to prescribe it for you. (Hopefully u have benefits.)

If that doesn't sound good, try lots and lots of roast pork with big heloings of rice and eat it late at night..... u should puff up and look like a potatoe faced red neck like me in no time!` :blush:

Prayers from London for you ....

Thanks Ron

My mom picked up a whole bunch of those Ensure things...Haven't tried one yet - She got 3 flavours. I have the metabolism of a hummingbird :lol:

The trip to the hog spital was fairly quick. Spent 4.5hrs at Sunnybrook, the last hr being hooked up to the IV and the rest of the time undergoinvarious tests and waiting. The nurses were impressed with my choice of reading materials :D...Beyond the mags Spiel sent me, I also read the book, '50 places to fly fish before you die' (not that I plan to expire anytime soon B))...Anyone up for a steelhead trip to the Skeena or a bonefish/Giant Trevally trip to Christmas Islands and/or a trip to the Rio Negro in the Amazon for peacock bass? :D

Thanks Ron

My mom picked up a whole bunch of those Ensure things...Haven't tried one yet - She got 3 flavours. I have the metabolism of a hummingbird :lol:

The trip to the hog spital was fairly quick. Spent 4.5hrs at Sunnybrook, the last hr being hooked up to the IV and the rest of the time undergoinvarious tests and waiting. The nurses were impressed with my choice of reading materials :D...Beyond the mags Spiel sent me, I also read the book, '50 places to fly fish before you die' (not that I plan to expire anytime soon B))...Anyone up for a steelhead trip to the Skeena or a bonefish/Giant Trevally trip to Christmas Islands and/or a trip to the Rio Negro in the Amazon for peacock bass? :D

Thanks for the update Mike... Glad that your additional treatment to the hog spital is over and done with :thumbsup_anim:

You be well and I'll keep you in my thoughts

Jacques