Man Fined $3,000

TJQ

I'm pretty sure that unfortunately he will keep fishing anyway mad.gif.

I'm pretty sure you're rightwallbash.gif

Last time i had a cursory look at the MNR enforcement/Stewardship financial commitment in Ontario --looked like something in the order of a 57 percent decrease in provincial funding since the Mike Harris era

This character clearly "doesn't give a crap"

Personally, would do a thorough examination of his income tax over the last seven years,vet his standing as a Canadian citizen and ask the folks closing the Kingston Pen to leave the doors open for an extra 6 months

just an opinion

Paul

What's to stop this guy from strolling into a CTC somewhere, filling out an application for a fishing liscense under another name and heading out to the lake? :wallbash:

Does the MNR have more detailed info on us that could prevent this?

Do they require other I.D. when they are writing someone up? (I have never been written up so I have no clue)

HH

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what happens if he's caught fishing again?

The original game related charges were provincial offenses and though the fines are substantial are considered relatively minor in the grande scheme of things.

Violation of a court order however is a Criminal Code of Canada offense and conviction registers a criminal record against the offender.

A subsequent conviction would likely see our incorrigibly intransigent fisherman counting fly tracks on the ceiling of a rather small cell in a provincial jail.

He is also "personna non grata" at the United States border unless he obtains a very expensive waiver from the US Department of Justice.

Edited by pricedo

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

they just need an american licence if there on border waters.

file archived?

Dang nice weather here on the southern shores of Lake Simcoe of late

Gardens seem fine--Little blight on the tomato plants--it happens

Frog population decided to Explode

Raised the blades on the John Deere

Rabbits are healthy--Upper Pefferlaw River resident Mink have returned

MNR experimental Walleye look fine-well no one caught and ate them yet to my limited knowledge

Lake temps are colder than stats would indicate

Curious Bears exploring B-B-Q grease traps

Have FUN

ID1

Another possible scenario: The government does not, as rumoured, do away with license-free fishing for seniors. He turns 65 and starts fishing again. CO asks for identification, he shows proof of age. How many COs are going to take the time and effort to check his name against a list of those banned for life?

Edited by Dave Bailey