Saw an odd little pick-up truck NF

chris.brock

On the way home from work today, on the QEW near Trafalgar, I saw a micro truck, the type you might see in the Carribean, pretty sure it had Ontario plates, couldn't see what manufacturer was, it had a small, 2 person cab and a flat bed (not a box), it was white

anyone know what I saw? I'd be interested in researching them if they are sold in Canada

I saw a few of them for sale in Bowmanville a while back, but the guy wanted a ridiculous amount of money for them I think like 8-10 grand, and they were all 1992-95 with about 100,000km on them.

They are right hand drive, and imported from Japan, he had ones made by honda, subaru, and mitsubishi, most of them 4X4 and they looked like fun, but he said that they top out around 80 km/hr so its kind of just a toy, still looks like fun though!

minitruck.jpg

it would make an interesting ice fishing machine!

I found a cool site as well

http://centralminitrucks.com/

Daryl

Edited by daryl0815

They are referred to as Kai class cars in Japan, and they are far from toys.

They are used all over Asia as mini pick ups with actual 4x4's they are put through punishment unimaginable by American trucks. These are work horses for the developing world. They aren't meant to be comfy but they sure as heck are utilitarian, i have seen Cows and bulls put in the back of these lil trucks.

I have seen them loaded with 12 + people (they place a sort of cap on the back - and place bench seats). With a 1.3 Litre gas engine they sip fuel and since they are almost always standard you get lots of low gearing.

Light enough to be lifted by two adults from the back. But string enough to carry 3 times their actual load capacities.

I don't sell these trucks, i actually wanted to import a few had it not been for annoying import laws where these things have to be 90 or older etc etc..

But as some others mentioned the ones sold here often found on kijiji are ridiculously priced often well over 7000 which is simply not worth it. Because they can be purchased brand new for 3000 U.S. in Japan.

they are put through punishment unimaginable by American trucks.

wut? say all you want about domestic vehicles but not too many touch their trucks. especially not these little poop boxes.

131_0809_02_z+marine_base_ohv_hammer_trails_johnson_vally+jeep_rockcrawling.jpg

True... Wayne.

But for a TOY .. man It's kinda like a four wheeler .. but it has a

cab and heat ...

You'd never see me with that thing at the drive in. :w00t:

Yep .. that Yellow one looks pretty good... I'd put a plow on it

and attach a few pool noodles to keep it a float .. just in case.

Useless, but yet.. Useful

I wouldn't want to hit one with my Expedition.