Simcoe Perchin

eyefish

I don't post on here much but I have had the best 2 days of perch fishing of my life on SImcoe the last 2 times out.

Sunday myself and 3 buddies ventured out on to Lady simcoe in Seach of some whitefish and lakers. Punched our first couple holes and the vex was lit up. I figured here we go. Turns out they were all perch. Normally I would have kept moving trying to find the target whities/lakers. Tough to move when your first fish is 14 inches, second being 13.5...so I say to myself forget the lakers lets just stay here. So I did. Long story short myself and 1 of my buddies stay and comtinue to pound on em for about 2 hours. I figure we caught between 70-120 perch with the biggest at 15 inches, and lots in the 12-15 inch range.

Here is a Picture of the ones that I kept from Sunday the knife in this picture is 13 inches

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e273/eyefish74/?action=view&current=IMG_0356.jpg

Then came yesterday. This time my brother and I again ventured out, but went out with the intention of targeting the sam perch from Sunday. This time was even better. 100-120 perch with the biggest being 16 inches and a belly almost as big as mine. I would have put her close to 2 pounds. I would say numbers wise we caught more fish yesterday but the avg size was a lot smaller. To top it off my brother lost the biggest laker I have ever seen right at the hole. If I had to guess I would put it close to 20 pounds, this thing was massive. Ryan said that if he had got through the hole it was going on the wall.

Here is a picture of our haul from yesterday and one of me holding up a couple.

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e273/eyefish74/?action=view&current=Abigmessofjumbos.jpg

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e273/eyefish74/?action=view&current=Abigmessofjumbos.jpg#!oZZ5QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs41.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fe273%2Feyefish74%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D2bigjumbos.jpg

We have a new sponsor for this year SIMAX they are a new rod manufacturer and have a couple lines of rods, both spinning and casting. As well as some new ice rods. We picked up our new rods on monday night and put them to the test yesterday. What can I say but they passed with flying colours. if anyone has any questions drop me a line!

Hope you enjoyed

Todd Crowley

It's too bad there is no slot size on perch...say keep only between 8 to 12 inches and those big mothers would go back to breed...

My buddy and I only keep perch between 10 to 12 inches...the rest go back and rarely do we keep more than a dozen each...jerry.gifjerry.gif

It's too bad there is no slot size on perch...say keep only between 8 to 12 inches and those big mothers would go back to breed...

My buddy and I only keep perch between 10 to 12 inches...the rest go back and rarely do we keep more than a dozen each...jerry.gifjerry.gif

+1 Beans.

No disrespect to eyefish he's perfectly within his rights to keep 50 15" perch if he wants. It would be nice if the ministry had stricter limits on the simcoe perch though.... But we all know how the ministry is generally to little to late and will only make changes once all the fish are gone. :wallbash:

BTW nice catches eyefish keep that spot to yourself ;)

We kept the 15 incher on sunday because A friend of the family does taxidermy and he asked us if we caught a giant perch to keep it for him so thats the reason for that one. No pic of the 16 incher it was crazy out there yesterday and my battery gave way on the ole camera. Oh well they sure are going to taste wonderful thats for sure! And they were all caught in 75-80 feet of water