GM Truck Recalls

Billy Bob

wouldnt drive a GM anyway so im all good here...My dad bought one new in 2008 and it was the biggest piece of crap he EVER bought, all rusted out already..Had to do a complete break job at 50 thou. Tailgaite wouldnt close a month after warrenty. ECT ECT.Its a shame thou as it set him back 46 thou..Sad really.

I also heard recentely about a recall on the Ford F-150's but so far I haven't been contacted by my dealer. If I don't hear by next week I'll give them a call.

Something evidentely can short out causing a fire but details were sketchy at best.

I also heard recentely about a recall on the Ford F-150's but so far I haven't been contacted by my dealer. If I don't hear by next week I'll give them a call.

Something evidentely can short out causing a fire but details were sketchy at best.

This is what i believe your referring to Lew. I heard about it but also have not been contacted by the dealer on the issue.

I got a Christmas Card from them though :thumbsup_anim:

Ford Recall

If you really look deeply you will see that the same companies make the parts for all the majors......... so eventually, they will all experience similar problems

the toyotas and hondas (model dependent) buy from the same companies as the fords and gms (canada / US made models).

Me - proud owner of:

GM - failed head and intake manifold gaskets, bubbled paint, but great riding vehicle and economy; bone head hit and rolled me at leats 80K before it shoud have been retired

FORD, failed ball joints and starter motor, but great pick up (ranger - BEFORE Mazda - 2 kids and a dog required an upgrade to the GM )

Toyota - funny little thing abouth the spare tire - but comes equipped standard to pull my boat and does a great job (no required tranny cooler etc) - but too low

Hyundai - 0 interference engine - it breaks, it breaks big - but besides that 0

Chrysler - welll....... the taxi I drove in 81 (fury III) was fast and hot, but since then..... not so much , but thats me - I know a lot of Ram fans.....

IMO, the best truck is the one you get the best deal on at the time equipped as you need it,

other than that it's a crap shoot,

i've only owned ford as it was always the better "deal" at the time i was looking, never had any problems either....knock on wood.... but the last one i got '06 supercrew started to rust prematurely, i've got a nasty area around my gas cap/cover,

Yeah its prob their spark plug issue. LOL

Each company has their issues.

But Ill stick to my RAM, No problems with her. Rides smoothly and getting nearly 700/kms a tank. Im happy.

8ygm1f.jpg

But it will all change when I get the 6' lift this summer! haha :D Only truck in ON with that hood as of 09/10 :D

Edited by Mattones

Yeah its prob their spark plug issue. LOL

Each company has their issues.

But Ill stick to my RAM, No problems with her. Rides smoothly and getting nearly 700/kms a tank. Im happy.

But it will all change when I get the 6' lift this summer! haha :D Only truck in ON with that hood as of 09/10 :D

Nice looking ride. Is that hood scoop functional. I would assume no unless the air intake is somehow hooked up to it.

Correction, there would be if VW made one biggrin.gif. They thought about it, but didn't think there would be a market for them.

Or it would end up on the Lemon list along with the Toureg.

IMO, the best truck is the one you get the best deal on at the time equipped as you need it,

other than that it's a crap shoot,

i've only owned ford as it was always the better "deal" at the time i was looking, never had any problems either....knock on wood.... but the last one i got '06 supercrew started to rust prematurely, i've got a nasty area around my gas cap/cover,

thumbsup_anim.gif exactly why I have a Mazda B4000....by far not the best engineered truck out there, but it's cheap and does it's job well.

Correction, there would be if VW made one :D. They thought about it, but didn't think there would be a market for them.

Actually, VW did make a small pickup for many years, starting in the mid-70s and continuing into the late 80s or perhaps early 90s. It was based on their Rabbit/Golf platform, and called the Sporttruck. They didn't sell very well here in Canada, but did very well in Europe, South America and in Australia, where fuel prices have always been higher. You still see the odd one around here at classic car shows every summer, especially events with a lot of VWs.

Sporttruck.jpg

Presently, VW is looking at building a new pickup, based on its Touareg SUV platform. Here's a picture of the concept truck they showed at the Frankfurt Auto Show last year. No word on when it will be built, what it will cost or if/when it might come to Canada. But if it's anything at all like the Touareg, its 4x4 will go through just about anything and pull a 6,500 pound boat.

PickupConcept.jpg

Or it would end up on the Lemon list along with the Toureg.

Please do tell why. I drove the newer Toureg TDI 6 cylinder and it is on a level of its own. You must be referring to the older Taureg with the v10 diesel engine? That was a lemon, but also the first crack at a v10. The North American truck manufacturers have been making junk for years :ninja:

Craig_Ritchie: Ya I have seen a few of those Rabbit pick ups around. They only came in 1.8L 8v gas engines I believe, so they were way too underpowered, which is probably why they did not sell in North America. The new concept looks nice.

Edited by Fish4Eyes

Nice looking ride. Is that hood scoop functional. I would assume no unless the air intake is somehow hooked up to it.

Yep its funny functional. Not like the Challenger hoods that Dodge Makes. After market is the way to go. Iv been flagged down by other guys with the same truck asking about the hood. :D

Cheaped out on the under the hood paint just ognna buy the spray paint and goto town in the summer.

2v9ewsm.jpg

1zzs0ty.jpg