Lowrance Portable Ice Pack for HDS 5

Basskicker

Everywhere I've looked is BACKORDERED....I have checked Radio World, Bass Pro, Lebarons, Gagnons. Does anyone know any store that has them IN STOCK.

I already have the Hd5 and I heard many great things about the ice pack....GPS, Flasher, Fish Finder all in one

Thanks

Jason

Everywhere I've looked is BACKORDERED....I have checked Radio World, Bass Pro, Lebarons, Gagnons. Does anyone know any store that has them IN STOCK.

I already have the Hd5 and I heard many great things about the ice pack....GPS, Flasher, Fish Finder all in one

Thanks

Jason

I just spoke with a fine gentleman from Angler's Outfitters in Woodstock. He doesn't have the complete kits, but is willing to build me a complete set-up for A LOT less money. He even told me to bring in both my Hds 10 and Hds 5 and he'll set them up properly.

It's real nice to see that excellent customer service still exists.

I guess I just got one from Radio World before the back order. Josh is a great guy, and really knows his electronics! Good move going to him. Get the best battery available for that unit that will last longer if you are building one with Josh. I believe you can run a 9amp, but you should ask Josh to confirm.

From what I hear, Lowrance has just totally revamped the soft portable case. The new ones are now blue, have a float system rather than that slide-out contraption, better fit the units and have tackle trays. A soft case for Lowrance that is really built for the ice :clapping:

I got the older grey one though and had to modify it with my own float. I spent .99 cents on 3/4 inch pipe insulation, doubled it and tie strapped it on the transducer cable. The HDS units are the best electronics I have ever used bar none. I can't wait to get my HDS5 out on the ice now along with my new Clam Base Camp Thermal (got the last one at Fishing World a couple weeks ago) :D

Enjoy building a case and good ice fishing!

I guess I just got one from Radio World before the back order. Josh is a great guy, and really knows his electronics! Good move going to him. Get the best battery available for that unit that will last longer if you are building one with Josh. I believe you can run a 9amp, but you should ask Josh to confirm.

From what I hear, Lowrance has just totally revamped the soft portable case. The new ones are now blue, have a float system rather than that slide-out contraption, better fit the units and have tackle trays. A soft case for Lowrance that is really built for the ice :clapping:

I got the older grey one though and had to modify it with my own float. I spent .99 cents on 3/4 inch pipe insulation, doubled it and tie strapped it on the transducer cable. The HDS units are the best electronics I have ever used bar none. I can't wait to get my HDS5 out on the ice now along with my new Clam Base Camp Thermal (got the last one at Fishing World a couple weeks ago) :D

Enjoy building a case and good ice fishing!

Actually he offered to completely build the case too!!!! (for a small fee)