AUGER STOLEN

Lunker Larry

Opened my Envoy this morning and found that my auger was stolen. At first I thought I might have left it behind but the glove box and center console was all open and a few things left on the seat so someone obviously went through the truck. I live in Orleans which is just east of Ottawa. Stolen sometime between 5 pm Sunday and noon today when I noticed it gone

So, knowing this is a pretty attentive group I ask that you keep your eyes open please.

It is an older Model 30 - 3 hp Jiffy - 10" but easily recognizable because it has homemade handles on it which were made out of regular cast iron pipe.

Serial # 3095564

I bought it years ago from a pawn shop with no handles.

They ignored my sleigh, rods etc.

Thanks guys. Friggin low life slugs!

If anyone sees or hears anything, please let me know 613-824-0059

Opened my Envoy this morning and found that my auger was stolen. At first I thought I might have left it behind but the glove box and center console was all open and a few things left on the seat so someone obviously went through the truck. I live in Orleans which is just east of Ottawa. Stolen sometime between 5 pm Sunday and noon today when I noticed it gone

So, knowing this is a pretty attentive group I ask that you keep your eyes open please.

It is an older Model 30 - 3 hp Jiffy - 10" but easily recognizable because it has homemade handles on it which were made out of regular cast iron pipe.

Serial # 3095564

I bought it years ago from a pawn shop with no handles.

They ignored my sleigh, rods etc.

Thanks guys. Friggin low life slugs!

If anyone sees or hears anything, please let me know 613-824-0059

Good luck!! If you find it/them, perhaps an extra 10" hole for the "perp"!

Not that this matters, but was your Envoy unlocked, did they break did get in?

It must have been unlocked. I have two vehicles and am forever accidently opening them by bending over with the keys in my pocket, opening the house door or rifling around for something in my pockets. I hate those key fobs for that reason. Always relocked them when I knew about it, but......hey, what can you do. It sucks but life goes on.

It must have been unlocked. I have two vehicles and am forever accidently opening them by bending over with the keys in my pocket, opening the house door or rifling around for something in my pockets. I hate those key fobs for that reason. Always relocked them when I knew about it, but......hey, what can you do. It sucks but life goes on.

Been there, done that. :rolleyes:

Forgot to lock up last summer and some punk rifled through my car.

He didn't take anything though, I guess he got scared off.

He was caught breaking into another vehicle and it turns out he is the 11 year old son of a local celeb.

The guy that caught him got his 11 yo son to dole out some street justice and then took the kid home by to his folks by the collar. :whistling:

Doubt he will do it again. <_<

Been there, done that. :rolleyes:

Forgot to lock up last summer and some punk rifled through my car.

He didn't take anything though, I guess he got scared off.

He was caught breaking into another vehicle and it turns out he is the 11 year old son of a local celeb.

The guy that caught him got his 11 yo son to dole out some street justice and then took the kid home by to his folks by the collar. :whistling:

Doubt he will do it again. <_<

Wish every parent could be like that.....

My wife did the same thing last year....i came home from a night shift to find her driver door open and everything rifled through...i'm thinking they got away with my old GPS but nothing else of value....

Here's a lesson....leave your interior looking like a bomb went off and the thieves will avoid it...i live in my car so i have paper and mail everywhere lol

Here's a lesson....leave your interior looking like a bomb went off and the thieves will avoid it...i live in my car so i have paper and mail everywhere lol

Is that true? They probably wouldn't really know that until they broke in would they? There must certainly be a study somewhere with approximate numbers. I've never heard that before.

Is that true? They probably wouldn't really know that until they broke in would they? There must certainly be a study somewhere with approximate numbers. I've never heard that before.

Just from experience lol....no study...i've been parked with cars that have been broken into and mine was the only one not hit lol....maybe they were afraid to catch something lol....or maybe they were afraid something was alive in that mess lol

GBW. Nope, no picture. The handles were regular steel pipe about 1.5 inches in diameter. Pipe is threaded into the 90 degree corners to make the top of the handle and down to 45 degree corners to bolt onto the bottom of the motor. The same design as the original handle except it doesn't flare out. Hope that makes sense. They're painted black with some pipe insulation taped on with electrical tape on the handles. Don't think there are too many out there like that.

Also, the mixing instructions on the gas tank have aluminum duct tape on the edges of the instructions holding it on.

Again, appreciate everyone keeping an eye out.

By the way. I found a tent style ice fishing hut in a bag by the side of the road that night (Sunday) I saw a couple wrestling with it in the wind for over an hour while I was there, so they must have forgot to put it in their car. She was wearing a white snow suite and hat. If anyone knows of someone who lost one at Petrie Island, tell them to give me a call. I've also had this posted on Fish Hawk but nothing heard from anyone yet.

Edited by Lunker Larry

"Knock on wood" I almost live in my truck and it looks like a bomb went off...

so far so good....

Doug