Dano needs some thoughts..

irishfield

Hi Dano

Thought I'd share my experiance...

I'm not sure what happened to you to cause the infection but I just went thru a similar situation. My knee did not look quite as bad as yours but Over 2YEARS ago I had a very routine orthoscopic surgery done on my left knee (walk in walk out) within a couple of days I was back at the hospital with a severley swollen knee (could not bend the knee at all) After more than 3 weeks in the hospital and another operation (to find out what went wrong) they finally diagnosed the cause of the infection (VRE positive, some kind of hospital based infection) I then had pic lines and IV's along with IV pump connected for over 2 months requiring nursing attention to change IV's and maintaining the pic lines at least twice a day. The infection eventually subsided and even with physio therapy twice a week my knee is still not back to normal but I am thankfull that I am not undergoing treatment for the infection any more and that I am now able to walk without crutches. I have a good idea of what you are going thru. I missed fishing most of all.

Dano You will get over the hump and it will improve, hang in there, one day at a time... it will be a long battle just keep fighting and tuff it out... Once they get the meds sorted out you will experiance improvement.. Best wishes and hang in there.

Edited by RandyLinden

Holy crap Dano... I knew you were having some challenges, but my God, that's friggin brutal!

Sounds like the Doc's are starting to find the right track for your recovery... it will take time, heck, it took this much time for you to get where you are now, so stay patient and get better... we have some Perch to put a hurtin on!

I'll add you to the list of nightly thoughts and look forward to hearing that you are on the mend!

BTW - it's way past time!!!

HH

Thank you all so very much, you dont know how much this means to me. It has been a frustrating road and reading this has certainly lifted my spirits. I am at Ferns place now and she is doing a fine job of being a nurse but I find it difficult as I am quite an independent individual who hates being a burden for anyone though she insists she doesnt mind, I am a very fortunate man that way. I feel lucky to have my friends here too, and thank you all again for the prayers and thoughts.

Thanks again everyone. I have to share this with you. I just woke up from one of my fever induced "naps" and the only dream I can recall is that a bunch of us were ice fishing up north (the usual cast of characters + a bunch more) off of Waynes dock and we tied into a school of walleye, one after another, everyone was catching them. I can guaratee I wouldnt have had that sweet dream had it not been for this thread. Thanks to Wayne & all who replied once again.

Wayne, hold off on that nurse uni untill I am better please as I have no energy for even that these days...

Edited by Dano

Hey Dano

Don't Feel Bad for leaning on your friends....

That's what real friends are for and what real friends do and it's your turn to do the leaning...

Hang in there... It will get better... like most things time is the key... keep your head up... You will start to feel better... even though it looks like it is taking forever... I bet showers are a real struggle and a pain with the pic line....I remember it was so good to have a shower but keeping the knee waterproof and the pic line waterproof was a major problem and often it was even better just getting back to bed... Hope you start to feel better soon...!!!!

Randy

Edited by RandyLinden

Wow,May the power of above lead to a speedy recovery

un-real sometimes the circumstance and events some go through

If I may use a Dano saying

"Take it like a man Dano",I know you can :)

Dude here is to speedy recovery and truly wishing you the best man

Edited by marc thorpe