Dano needs some thoughts..

irishfield

I hinted at it the other day, but those of us that know have all kept quiet. Dano's been fighting an infection in his leg since late last winter. He wasn't able to come to the lake over the summer and hasn't been able to basically work since spring.

He's had an IV pic in him since spring and was on one anitibiotic drip that he was going in once or twice a day to have administered. Everytime his leg seemed to be clearing up they'd take him off the drip and next day he'd be right back in emerg swollen and red again and the best they could tell him is that it was an MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a bacterium responsible for several difficult-to-treat infections in humans).

They did a biopsy.. pics attached.. and then determined he was on the wrong drug. So since November he's been on something else.. three times a day he had to go in and have a bag hooked up. We'll FORTUNATELY for Dan he also has an annual colonospy and when having it done last week the Dr that was doing so realized that he was allergic to what they were giving him for the infection and Dan was within a few days of dying from it!

Dan is currently lying in the hospital texting me back and forth.. he's even had a priest in today to lay his hands on him (and I checked with him to make sure it wasn't a catholic priest..) The drug they had him on... turns out he was allergic to that as well. They have tried a few other things the last two days and he's now too sensitive, so they have to let his system flush before they try anything else.

Dano is the best fishing partner a guy could ever ask for... he cooks and does dishes.... so please folks, like I asked in another thread recently, a few prayers, thoughts or howling at the moon as we want the lad healthy so he can get back to running his business and out for a long deserved bit of fishing!

Wayne

Tj.jpg

Tt6.jpg

knee email1.JPG

kneemail2.JPG

Edited by irishfield

Thanks for the update Wayne. Dano and I had talked about his situation, and the ups and downs of this sure have been hard on him. I know its been a long road, but boy this really throws a wrench in the recovery.

I hope you are feeling better soon Dano, we need your wit and fishing expertise around here.

And more pictures like this B)

5345058356_79c9a8ba47_o.jpg

All the best buddy, Godspeed and a full recovery soon!!!!!!

Joey

Dan, that's a long time to be living with that infection. They'll fix it. Then you can get your butt down here to fish with Wayne and the Marc dude. J misses you...ok ok ok I miss you too. We'll both make you the best meal we can conjure up. Please get well my friend. I have a higher power too but as much as I love ya Bud, there's no way I'm praying to J. Sorry.