Sliders for the Trap

RickOnt

This Fixed My Trap Runner Issues, Now in the 4th year and showing some wear, Pulling down the side of the Gilford Rd for early and late season Perching when there is no snow is hard on 'em and the side of the 11th, (Lockhart Rd) ------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have Run the full circle I started with the runners from Clam But they only lasted 1 year.Very disapointing and not worth the money

Then I went to a pair of Downhill snow skis these lasted 2 years very inexpensive and were still going strong but evertime I left the hut in the garage they would make rust marks on the floor from the steel edges.

So I found a supplier of HUMW Plastic I was thiking 1/2" thick but because of the bend I settled on 3/8", and Stainless bolts with loc nuts.

So this will be the last and final fix

It even slides easy on the concrete floor.

IMG_2347.jpg

Rick

Terry

Not sure if these runners will make it easier to Pull in the deep snow :dunno:

But They might where the snow was not too deep or bare ice,

The biggest advantage is the wear factor to the Runners, Which will eventually lead to wear on the Sled, Trap or Clam. :clapping::clapping:

Rick

Johnson Plastics in Toronto carries it, or, if someone at one of the local hockey arenas and ask for their used "puck boards", the stuff they line the lower edge of the arena. It cuts very easy with a table saw to whatever length and width you need, warm with a hair dryer to shape it.

Johnson Plastics in Toronto carries it, or, if someone at one of the local hockey arenas and ask for their used "puck boards", the stuff they line the lower edge of the arena. It cuts very easy with a table saw to whatever length and width you need, warm with a hair dryer to shape it.

Oh wow. I never thought of that, and I play hockey twice a week! I'm going to ask tomorrow to see if they have any pieces sitting around. This is a really good idea. I have a busted paddle boat up at the cottage that I will be converting into a sled to tow behind the snowmobile to and from the marina. I came up with the idea last week, and thought of mounting a set of old water skis to the bottom. Strips of puck boards would be so much easier, and cheaper if I can get it for free. Thank you! The hyfax runners for sleds aren't cheap.

As Fisherman said Johnson Plastics Area of Hwy #427 and the Queensway

This is where I got My first ones :whistling: BUT trying to bend them(Heated with Hair Dryer) I snapped one :wallbash::wallbash:

So I needed a local supplier and found a Company in Newmarket on, I Think Harry Walker or Ringwell and got some there.

Rick

Edited by RickOnt

not tring to be pick but just small correction it is UHMW not humw it stands for Ultra high molecular weight and it is a great product and is beign used in many many places. first time I saw it was when my brother worked for a company build convaying systems for food industry and now it seems to be showing up all over

I went a different route... Decided to Fiberglass resin the whole bottom of my clam...been out twice this year and so far so good... did a couple coats using the fiberglass material, resin and hardener. Lets see how she holds this year.

Edited by cityfisher

Hey Frankie65, Johnston Plastics is nearby me.

If you are interested, I can get an estimate for you. I am down in the Kitchener area almost every weekend so I could easily bring it along if you decide you wanted it.

I have been planning on doing my sled as well so I might just get a sheet and rip it to the size that was needed.

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Frankie65, Johnston Plastics is nearby me.

If you are interested, I can get an estimate for you. I am down in the Kitchener area almost every weekend so I could easily bring it along if you decide you wanted it.

I have been planning on doing my sled as well so I might just get a sheet and rip it to the size that was needed.

Cheers,

Mark

Awesome, if you can get an approximate price, I'd appreciate it. My hut is a Clam 2000, so I don't need much.

PM me with the details, if you get a chance. :thumbsup_anim: