Looking for flip over ice shelter

scugpg

Guys I'm looking for a flip over shelter that I can pull around by hand that will fit 2 people. Doesn't have to be huge but want one bigger than a 1 man that will also fit in the car.

Is there any oversized 1 mans other than the shappell 1.5 or a small profile 2 man around? Having a tough time finding a 2 man that's under 80lbs and small profile.

Thanks.

Edited by scugog

Guys I'm looking for a flip over shelter that I can pull around by hand that will fit 2 people. Doesn't have to be huge but want one bigger than a 1 man that will also fit in the car.

Is there any oversized 1 mans other than the shappell 1.5 or a small profile 2 man around? Having a tough time finding a 2 man that's under 80lbs and small profile.

Thanks.

CTC has them on sale now 4man reg $299 for $219.They are the pop ups. Edited by gaspumper

Thanks guys. Anyone else have some ideas on a flip over that can house 2 people and light enough to pull by hand?

clam yukon tc.

probably 150lbs+ with gear. on bare ice you can pull it with one finger and its no problem walking a couple km's in the snow. if it gets too heavy just share the load with buddies by attaching ropes for each person to pull.

it takes a lot less effort than you'd think...

Can't help you out on what ELSE there is out there but I wanted to say that I have a Shappell 1.5 Rover DX, you mentioned it in the original post, and while I mostly use it for just myself I find it excellent. It'd be tough fishing 2 people out of it but to use a base station or taking turns inside would be a good choice. Bought it a BassPro a few years back for $225.

PM or post if you have any questions about it.

Dan

Depends how far you're pulling .. we pull our 2 mans out during early ice. I have all my crap loaded in.. including a 20 lb propane tank and I don't find it too bad in up to 3 inches of snow. I wouldn't want to go a mile or anything though..... and Terry lies down about 4 times getting there!! LOL

Depends how far you're pulling .. we pull our 2 mans out during early ice. I have all my crap loaded in.. including a 20 lb propane tank and I don't find it too bad in up to 3 inches of snow. I wouldn't want to go a mile or anything though..... and Terry lies down about 4 times getting there!! LOL

it wasn't 4 times

fully rigged up with auger, rods, tackle, food, heater, propane my clam 2 man pro is quite heavy...with 2 guys pulling its still a pain ... short distances its manageable

Good to know thank you. Around here its not a straight shot into ponds etc so the 2 man prolly isn't the best option.