Fishing for Tyler!!

TJQ

I cant believe this is the 7th event!!

I know the French's could use some help with BBQ's again and the Prize table. If you can donate anything, time or otherwise please email Elisa at [email protected] Ill be there again this year with some surprises!!

fishingfortylerlogo.png

7th Annual Fishing for Tyler Fundraiser

Tyler French is 14 years old and living with Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Autism is the fastest growing, serious developmental disability in the world and its effects have had an overwhelming impact on Tyler and his family.

We are proud to support Tyler through the:

7th Annual Ice Fishing/BBQ Fundraiser

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Innisfil Beach Park Boat Launch

Registration: 6 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., last fish measured at 1 p.m., prizes to follow

Cost: 16 years of age and over - $10 minimum donation, kids free - donations appreciated

* A fishing license is required for those between 16 and 65 years of age.*

Enjoy a BBQ lunch cooked on site

Cost: Donation

Prizes awarded for largest fish caught in various categories; lucky draw following

*All monies raised will help Tyler's parents pay for the extensive therapies that he requires, including Intensive behavioral Intervention (IBI), Speech and Language Therapy, and Occupational Therapy.*

Directions: Hwy 400 or Yonge St. to the 8th line (Innisfil Beach Rd.), east on Innisfil Beach Rd, to the end, turn left into the park, follow the road to the right, past the snack bar to the boat launch. Please park in the parking lots on the left side before boat launch.

For more information please email [email protected] or call 705-436-3607

I think ur posting in the wrong place.

Howerver, as far as Ontario is concerned:

YOU DO NOT NEED a LICENSE if you are: below 18, over 65 (Just carry your birthcertificate if asked)

blairwelsh: It was posted in a proper place as the poster for the tournament stated "* A fishing license is required for those between 16 and 65 years of age.*"

However you are correct that no licence is required for those below 18 years of age or over 65.(Canadian residents)

BTW: I'll do my best to make again this year. Always a good time.

Does anyone know if Innisfil will be waiving the parking fee again this year for those in the event?

Edited by Woodsman

I'd like to thank everyone who has continued to be so supportive of Tyler and his family. Who would have thought that what started so small 7 years ago would turn into something so spectacular. Again thanks for the continued support.

Maureen

As some of you already know, I will not be attending in body this year but in thought. What I need is for some body to take the Honor of Chef in my place. Pls remember you will not be doing this for me But "Tyler". If any one is coming from Hamilton I will be more than happy to supply the Charcoal, as long as some body is will to pick it up... Remember this is for "Tyler" So pls some body step up and take the Spatuler pls.

:thumbsup_anim: This is a great cause as T.J. stated this is it's 7th year and started by Maureen. so pls lets make it happen again

As some of you already know, I will not be attending in body this year but in thought. What I need is for some body to take the Honor of Chef in my place. Pls remember you will not be doing this for me But "Tyler". If any one is coming from Hamilton I will be more than happy to supply the Charcoal, as long as some body is will to pick it up... Remember this is for "Tyler" So pls some body step up and take the Spatuler pls.

thumbsup_anim.gif This is a great cause as T.J. stated this is it's 7th year and started by Maureen. so pls lets make it happen again

I found two young aprentices' and one other, loonietoonwhistling.gif

It would be our pleasurewink.gif

spatuler and service wise

Edited by vinnimon

I found two young aprentices' and one other, loonietoonwhistling.gif

It would be our pleasurewink.gif

spatuler and service wise

Thank Vince.. If you want you can p/u the Charcoal at my place & Tylers parents have the 2 B B Q"s we used last year.. Let me know???I truly regret not being there.. but like I stated Will be there in Thought & Spirit..if nothing else..

Edited by Loonietoon

Well, it looks like the cooking is all taken care of so this year I am going to come and fish for a change. I will also have something for the prize table. Whoever is taking care of the coffee and hot chocolate olease pm me and I'll see what I can do to help there.

Hi Everybody!

Thank you to TJ for getting me on here so I can answer some questions. Thank you to everyone for all their offers of prizes and help. The Town of Innisfil wanted us to have Tyler's fundraiser the same weekend they have Winterfest so badly they switched their weekend to ours! The next step for me is requesting to get the parking fee waived for out of town people. I will let you know how that goes. Starbucks will be supporting us again this year with coffee, hot chocolate and with many prizes. They usually provided the "big" prize. eg. last year was the fish smoker, two years ago was the fish finder. Posca Foods has offered us hamburgers and hotdogs (personal childhood friend of mine). I haven't even sent out letters requesting help yet! I will be doing that today. I have Tyler home today so we will be wrestling for the computer. : )

I got a phone call last night from the gentleman who caught the biggest fish last year. He works at Bass Pro. He told me that his boss, Shaun Hewitt, wants me to call him and come in and see him ASAP. Apparently, Shaun has an autistic son as well.

We are hoping to have some silent auction items again this year.

Thanks everyone for your help. If you have any other questions please ask. You can also email me at [email protected].

Have a great day.

Way to go Vince!!! clapping.gif

If anyone that is not attending and would like to donate prizes etc. I would gladly bring them up for you. That is if your in the hamilton area or guelph area.

Pm me and we can make arrangements to meet up somehow.

Im in the geulph area from tues to friday till 6pm. Hamilton otherwise!

Sat thru Monday during the day imGonefishing.gif somewhere.whistling.gif

Cheers and good fishing to yas allwink.gif

Just read this on Facebook:

So exciting!!! Driving into Alcona this afternoon (with Tyler) and right in front of Sobeys is a HUGE sign Winterfest Feb. 25,26,27 TYLER's FISHING DERBY is the main event!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!!!

Posted by Tyler's mom...thumbsup_anim.gif

She also posted this on Facebook but I can't find the article she mentions...can anybody post it?

I sat down and opened up the Innisfil Examiner and there is an article about Tyler's Fishing Tournament!!! They rock!

Edited by Beans

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on to update lately, but I have been having trouble with Tyler for the past two weeks with him being suddenly afraid to go to high school. For the time being, I am keeping him home and trying to get him into a new high school. It is very difficult to find out what is bothering him but we are fearful that someone has hurt him or he has witnessed something that has tramatized him. The high school that I am trying to get him into is very excited to have him I just have to do some red tape stuff and hopefully he will be going to a new school in a couple of weeks. It is hard to plan the tournament when he is home and on the computer! I am hoping that this week I will be able to get my focus back on the tournament again.

There was an article in the Innisfil Examiner on Friday, January 21 on the second page under community listings. It has a picture of last year's winner and under the picture it says, Lake Simcoe features some of the best ice fishing in the world and so it's not a surprise the Annual Fishing for Tyler fishing derby on Saturday morning is a favourite part of Innisfil's Winterfest.

Then under Innisfil it says, Innisfil Wnterfest has a new date -- February 25, 26 and 27, three days of fun at the Innisfil Beach Park. Event includes the annual Fishing for Tyler fishing derby on Saturday morning, and then lists a tyke hockey tournament on Sunday and the polar bear dip.

I will try to get a hold of the manager from Bass Pro as I haven't heard from him yet. Maybe while Tyler is in transition between schools, Tyler and I can go down to Bass Pro and visit him : ).

Prizes are coming in and thank you so much everyone for helping.