Sign in to follow this  
davew3

Big Bay on Quinte ?

Hi folks, if I could I would be posting this on the BOQ site. I am having some sign on issues over there.

We are planning a trip to Shannonville on Friday and I am wondering about any reports for the Big Bay area ?

Most reports on the BOQ are for the reach.

With this cold this week I am wondering how the ice is building. We are going out of Snookies to target perch but a few walleye would be nice as well.

Any information and tips would be appreciated.

be safe out there.

Regards

I was out over the weekend and off of point annes , there was 5-6 inches , in the narrows there was much less , couple guys went down over the weekend, be safe and bring a spud and rope !

There's plenty of ice in Big Bay. We were on a solid 6" of black ice. We (along with a bunch of others) all had bikes/sleds out there without issues.

The fishing......well, lol... it's been slower the past 4 days or so, but should pick-up soon! (hopefully!)

Be safe no matter how much ice is out there.

Hey folks, can someone tell me the name of the bait store just north of the 401 in Belleville ?

Need some minnows for the weekend. If not that store some where elese I can get them?

Thanks

There's plenty of ice in Big Bay. We were on a solid 6" of black ice. We (along with a bunch of others) all had bikes/sleds out there without issues.

The fishing......well, lol... it's been slower the past 4 days or so, but should pick-up soon! (hopefully!)

Be safe no matter how much ice is out there.

Big Bay yes, other areas are sketchy.

We also didn't do well over the weekend, spoke to a bunch of other guys and it was the same for everyone.

I fished big bay yesterday. I put 3 on the ice between 12pm-dark. Lots of perch too. The little buggers stole my bait and we ran out of minnows. Get lots of bait,you`ll need it.

Plenty of ice. About 8inches where we were.

There are two bait shops north of the 401. One is quinte outdoor sports, on 62 North, the other is protackle on 37 north. Protackle is open 5am-5pm, quinte outdoors is no good if you want bait early, they open later, not sure what time.

S.

I fished big bay yesterday. I put 3 on the ice between 12pm-dark. Lots of perch too. The little buggers stole my bait and we ran out of minnows. Get lots of bait,you`ll need it.

Plenty of ice. About 8inches where we were.

There are two bait shops north of the 401. One is quinte outdoor sports, on 62 North, the other is protackle on 37 north. Protackle is open 5am-5pm, quinte outdoors is no good if you want bait early, they open later, not sure what time.

S.

what was the lure of choice? we cycled between, macho minnows/buckshots/cast champs

Edited by cityfisher