Spooning Jumbos

Rich

Sleded, his buddy Josh and I headed out yesterday for some perch action. What beautiful weather. Perch were sitting on deep weeds in 26 feet of water, and seemed to only be hungry for jigging spoons. Only one keeper on minnows.

Kept 9.

DSCF1636.jpg

DSCF1647.jpg

DSCF1648.jpg

DSCF1645.jpg

DSCF1640.jpg

DSCF1643.jpg

DSCF1639.jpg

DSCF1649.jpg

looks like a fun trip, and tasty BBQ, im quite envious of you guys, I'm still stuck in class till noonish or till I get bored of doing work :lol:, what kind of jigging spoons where you guy's using, I usually use swedish pimple, or small buckshots?

The brown, by the way was an incidental catch, Josh caught it on a minnow when he was experimenting a little deeper. It was out of season and therefore released. Thanks everyone for the comments it was certainly a day that seemed too good to be true.

my buddy and I fished there last week..all the perch were wormy that we caught...We also caught and released about 15 largemouth bass...I'm not sure why they were so active?? Watch for the white chev truck with the cap on the back--poachers!! 3 rods each and they were keeping the trout!!

my buddy and I fished there last week..all the perch were wormy that we caught...We also caught and released about 15 largemouth bass...I'm not sure why they were so active?? Watch for the white chev truck with the cap on the back--poachers!! 3 rods each and they were keeping the trout!!

I'd be giving the tips line a shout really quick!!

No worms in these ones.

And yes, I didn't bother taking pics, but incidental largies are pretty common there. Lots of 10 - 14 inch fish... they just seem to go crazy there in winter like no other place I've been.

As for the poachers, they will be very unhappy one of these days. Undercover CO's were out and on the ball. Badges flashed, stuff searched. They're looking for trout and bass keeper dudes, and people fishing with too many lines. Told me they'd be coming back regularly, too much of an issue with locals keeping trout.

I'm hoping it was you who tipped them off buddy, if so thank you! Great to finally see MNR out there.

Edited by Rich