Muskie fishing trip - Cliff Lake possible?

catmanjake

3 guys looking to do some muskie fishing in July. One person mentioned heading to Cliff Lake and staying at resort there for a few days. Anyone ever fished Cliff Lake for muskies? Any other ideas on lakes/resorts to check out? Would like to keep search to around no more than 4 hours north of International Falls.

Thanks for any thoughts/info you can give me.

catmanjake,

Not familiar with Cliff Falls at all but you are so close to so many other PRIME musky waters where your thinking of heading...LOTW, Pickle,Sous=Lookout

Its endless...Pretty much wherever you are in Northwest Ontario will be great muskellunge fishing..

I suggest taking a look through the search engine on this website or the e-magazine also offered by this website for all your musky fishing in NW-Ontario.

bNb

talk to Ben Beattie. He's a member here and a great friend of mine. he guides musky on lac seul in sioux lookout. there are some absolute monsters in lac seul!!! if you do a search on here for "lac seul musky" you will see a couple musky that i caught with ben this fall. Ben is an awesome guy and a very knowledgable guide.

Edited by FisherMike

Ok guys, I have heard that Cliff lake has muskies, in fact one of my friends used to have a camp on Cliff and he told me it was the best kept secret about muskies in the area. That said, a year or two ago I saw a Fishn Canada show they did on the Indian Lake chain (near Vermilion Bay) and they had a lot of musky catches on camera, then again there's Eagle Lake and Wabigoon that are prime musky lakes.

Cliff Lake is also a great lake trout lake.(and bass too), but I've never gone down the road to try it so i'm just going on hearsay from friends.

Edited by grt1