Fish Fashions...............

mercman

Well, yesterday the wife and i had way too much time on our hands.Soooo, i said"ya want to make some walleye and perch rigs."clapping.gif "Sure !! she said"clapping.gif

I may have to patent the results.I mean, what self respecting fish wouldn't just love to get thier mouths on these suckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!dunno.gif

The wifes are the pink ones.......not mine guys.....whistling.gif

IMGP1249.jpg

IMGP1251.jpg

IMGP1252.jpg

Pink is a great color Paul.... just saying whistling.gif

ya its "bubble gum" now.......ya..thats the ticket !!!!clapping.gif

Thanks Jacque, Barb and i had fun making them. Don't know if they will catch fish, but we had a good laffGonefishing.gif

Paul

Thanks Jacque, Barb and i had fun making them. Don't know if they will catch fish, but we had a good laffGonefishing.gif

Paul

The important thing to remember Paul is that it's quality time you spent creating those rigs with your wife and that in itself is priceless :)

In my years of experience I have learn that keeping it simple will catch walleyes with worm harnesses (never used them for perch) but more complex rigs will catch more fishermen if you're selling them.

It seems the inland lake walleyes like the smaller Colorado #2 blades while on Lake Erie #4 blades that move more water, which causes more vibration in the bigger water produces the best. My favorite color is chartreuse but other anglers have different opinions in color, size and shapes of the blades.

One thing I have noticed no matter the size, color or shape of the blade is that the length of the blade should determine how many beads you place on the rig....with a #4 chartreuse Colorado blade I use 5 orange beads. With this set up I have Chartreuse / Orange color contras while the Chartreuse blade rotates around the Orange beads.

Other details like how fresh the NIGHTCRAWLER is, the length of leader from your sinker, # and size of hooks, etc....can and will separate the catchers from fishermen on any given body of water when the bite is a FINESSE bite....anyone can catch walleyes when when bite is on...but the real anglers are head and shoulders above the average guy when the bite is SLOW....now I just need to get into that better category .

Bob..........BTW.......your wife make better harnesses... :whistling::lol:

In my years of experience I have learn that keeping it simple will catch walleyes with worm harnesses (never used them for perch) but more complex rigs will catch more fishermen if you're selling them.

It seems the inland lake walleyes like the smaller Colorado #2 blades while on Lake Erie #4 blades that move more water, which causes more vibration in the bigger water produces the best. My favorite color is chartreuse but other anglers have different opinions in color, size and shapes of the blades.

One thing I have noticed no matter the size, color or shape of the blade is that the length of the blade should determine how many beads you place on the rig....with a #4 chartreuse Colorado blade I use 5 orange beads. With this set up I have Chartreuse / Orange color contras while the Chartreuse blade rotates around the Orange beads.

Other details like how fresh the NIGHTCRAWLER is, the length of leader from your sinker, # and size of hooks, etc....can and will separate the catchers from fishermen on any given body of water when the bite is a FINESSE bite....anyone can catch walleyes when when bite is on...but the real anglers are head and shoulders above the average guy when the bite is SLOW....now I just need to get into that better category .

Bob..........BTW.......your wife make better harnesses... whistling.giflaugh.gif

Ya but look who wears it better Bobbyw00t.gif i'll be sure and keep you posted if they catch anything. It was more of a bonding experience for us.After we stopped laffin, we kinda......well.....you knowblush.gif

Paul

I'd rather just call it 'Salmon' If It was mine... just saying...

Ya but look who wears it better Bobbyw00t.gif i'll be sure and keep you posted if they catch anything. It was more of a bonding experience for us.After we stopped laffin, we kinda......well.....you knowblush.gif

Hey, if you can market them to catch some tail and maybe some fish or two....mark me down for a gross or more.... :good: :good: :good:

Do you have any for hot blondes.... :P

Hey, if you can market them to catch some tail and maybe some fish or two....mark me down for a gross or more.... good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Do you have any for hot blondes.... tongue.gif

A GROSS or 2 !!!w00t.gif I think you vastly over estimate your prowess my little yankee buddy.angel.png

But ya got me thinkin. A whole line of fishin gear designed for the high maintenance lady anglersclapping.gif

Well, they have pink rods and reels ya know.whistling.gif Why not lady tackledunno.gifcool.gif

A GROSS or 2 !!!w00t.gif I think you vastly over estimate your prowess my little yankee buddy.angel.png

But ya got me thinkin. A whole line of fishin gear designed for the high maintenance lady anglersclapping.gif

Well, they have pink rods and reels ya know.whistling.gif Why not lady tackledunno.gifcool.gif

Dont do it...for the love of all that right in this world !!!!!!!!!! how will we ever live it down when they outfish us...before you know it ...you wont have time to go fishing cuz youll have to stay home and make lures for the better half

Dont do it...for the love of all that right in this world !!!!!!!!!! how will we ever live it down when they outfish us...before you know it ...you wont have time to go fishing cuz youll have to stay home and make lures for the better half

Kewl....all you guys who dont want me to do it, send me 10 bucks to keep the idea to myself.devil.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

No stinger hooks? I usually run 3 hook rigs, at a minimum 2 hook rigs for 'eyes.

Nope no stingers.At least not where i was fishing last summer.They seemed to hit almost anything we used.I even caught a nice 36" pike on a worm and a cheap 99 cent single hook harness from CT and a worm....go figure that one outdunno.gif

We were perch fishing with worms, and a huge Pike grabbed the worm.Got it up to the side of the boat and it just snapped the mono harness and ran.mellow.gif I used stainless leader material on some of these baits, and fluro on the rest.If he likes worms, he aint gettin away this timecool.gif