Ice fishing shelter for the flyers

irishfield

Wouldn't take him any longer than folding my Frabil and starting the sled... hell I'd just pull the pins.. hook a bungee from shelter to the wing strut and drive it to the next spot on the lake..

Edited by irishfield

Weight foot print of a small airplane on skis is less than me on my boots.. I'll find you a picture of how to bring one back up, they only go to the wings (and trap you inside). This is a current customer of mine. He did this way back at the start of his aviation career.. he just retired at 60 this past August. It was very early ice and he had just dropped off a couple mining guys that were egar to get to a test site... and Reid was leaning against the propellor making sure they got to shore when it went thru ! A good thing he hadn't just jumped back in and fired her up! They came back two weeks later.. cut the ice around it and built a pole tripod to bring it up with chain fall.. slid some logs under the skis across the hole... drained a few things (floor to clear cables and pulleys) quickly before it all froze.. tarped it.. heated/changed fluids and flew it home. Ice was so thin it didn't even bend the wing lift struts.

GNL2.jpg

GNL.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Weight foot print of a small airplane on skis is less than me on my boots.. I'll find you a picture of how to bring one back up, they only go to the wings (and trap you inside). This is a current customer of mine. He did this way back at the start of his aviation career.. he just retired at 60 this past August. It was very early ice and he had just dropped off a couple mining guys that were egar to get to a test site... and Reid was leaning against the propellor making sure they got to shore when it went thru ! A good thing he hadn't just jumped back in and fired her up! They came back two weeks later.. cut the ice around it and built a pole tripod to bring it up with chain fall.. slid some logs under the skis across the hole... drained a few things (floor to clear cables and pulleys) quickly before it all froze.. tarped it.. heated/changed fluids and flew it home. Ice was so thin it didn't even bend the wing lift struts.

Good stuff thanks for posting the info Wayne.

Art