California

So, it took a while, but I finally got through many photos.

So, a while ago, my wife and I decided that we would take my father in law to see his very elderly dad in Los Angeles over the Christmas holidays, so we packed up both kids and I flew everyone to California.

When we landed, I found out that the weather was not good. We had 5 days of torrential rain causing mud slides. We had our friends calling us to see if we were okay because the reports here were saying that Los Angeles was about to slide into the ocean.

So on the first day where the rain stopped i snuck out.

Here are a few pics:

Port Huememe Wharf

IMG_0286copycopy.jpg

IMG_0300copycopy.jpg

IMG_0318copy.jpg

Then the rain started again and I packed it in. So, while it rained, my wife shopped lol....boy did I wish it had stopped raining

Next break in the rain, I went north on 101 and came close to Santa Barbara

IMG_0479copy.jpg

IMG_0489copy.jpg

So the first forecasted day without rain we took my oldest to Disneyland which was a great experience and made me feel like a kid again. The look on my daughters face when she got to see Buzz Lightyear and Woodie was priceless

So the next clear day I escaped again and went north to Ventura

IMG_1415copy.jpg

IMG_1424copy.jpg

IMG_1490copy.jpg

I was able to find a wildlife sanctuary so here are a few shots from it...there wasn't much wildlife and although there was a seal sanctuary it was empty

IMG_1540copy.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

On the day before I left for home, my wifes cousin took us to Santa Barbara which was a very beautiful place. I haven't seen many places in the world, but the harbour had to be one of the nicest places I've ever seen. The pier itself is massive with shops and restaurants which you drive your car out on and park.

Here was a harbour seal that was playing in and around the pier. The pic isn't the greatest because the seal was popping in and out of the shadows.

IMG_1639.jpg

This pic shows where i really wanted to go while I was in California. The Channel Islands are a group of 5 Islands off the coast of Ventura, CA. They are the Galapagos of North America. Diverse and really the place to go if you're a wildlife photographer. Anyway, the weather was bad and i wasn't going to drop $75 for the ferry ride to one of the islands if nasty weather was going to roll up and trap me there.

IMG_1725.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dave

Edited by FishnNAutographs

now i feel like i should go see my mom ....nice shots...too bad about the weather though ...raw deal ... favorite shot is the empty wide angle pier...looks great in B/W and then the barnacles on the pier standards ...beach was nice and clean usually this time of year its littered with sea weed ....did ya hit HOLLYWOOD Hills and the walk of fame?