Another Day's Ice Fishing

MCTFisher9120

Hey guys, the report is picture shy today but had one of my better trips out on the ice today. Fished a lake off of Lake Ontario with my buddy GoneFishin from sun up until 4ish today. Managed one pike right off the hop then got only a few strikes but made a move to some perch water just after 11am.

Here's the Pike, a little guy but a start. This was my 3rd trip out...bout time I got something with teeth :P

ScreenHunter_01Jan071811-1.jpg

Once we moved we fished live minnows off of bottom, pretty self explanatory. Here are my 2 biggest of the day, a both just barely under 12" with a pinched tail once thawed out and home.

ScreenHunter_02Jan071812-1.jpg

Until next weekend thanks for viewing, in total I probably managed about 8 or so perch, many in the 7-9 inch range with 1 dinker. Rick managed a half dozen perch towards the end, just didn't see the size today. Bite was tough.

Tightlines,

MTBF :)

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

Great report Mike!

Lol..i just finished reading you 'rant' post. I saw this post yesterday and it was on my to do list tonight to reply.

I dont think i have ever got on the ice before sun up like your pic with the Pike...good job... i always plan to but then i forget the minnows/wallet/etc....

pick up smokes from the tackle shop...get chatting...etc...etc...

You have inspired me to try and accomplish that feat this season!