Winter boots

GBW

Hey all.

Well I'm in need of some new winter boots; so who's better to ask then you all? :thumbsup_anim: I don't want to spend more then $100 if I don't have to. I'm looking for something light and warm for walking to work and back to the GO station. I have my other ice fishing boots but they are too heavy and starting to smell (I think HH likes the smell tho :whistling: ). So, any ideas? Thanks.

Geoff

Hey all.

Well I'm in need of some new winter boots; so who's better to ask then you all? :thumbsup_anim: I don't want to spend more then $100 if I don't have to. I'm looking for something light and warm for walking to work and back to the GO station. I have my other ice fishing boots but they are too heavy and starting to smell (I think HH likes the smell tho :whistling: ). So, any ideas? Thanks.

Geoff

CT has an assortment. Have had a pair for 3 years half leather half rubber. Warm and waterproof.

Try some snowmobile type boots with a replaceable liner. All kinds of those available at marks workwear and CT, Zellers, Sears, etc. Good time to buy a pair as a lot of stores have sales on those items. Get an extra pair of liners and switch them when wet. Warm and light.

muddler

i bought a pair of columbia bugaboots on sale for just over 100 bucks. ive only worn them a couple of times so far but they are really comfortable, light and quite warm. they're my "everyday" winter boot but im gonna try and see how they do icefishing this weekend.

ryan

i bought a pair of columbia bugaboots on sale for just over 100 bucks. ive only worn them a couple of times so far but they are really comfortable, light and quite warm. they're my "everyday" winter boot but im gonna try and see how they do icefishing this weekend.

ryan

thanks Ryan and Lefroy. I'm looking for an 'everyday' type of boot.

I was just at CT and the products and prices sucked...

thanks Ryan.

this is the type of boot I'm looking for. you consider it light? I walk up and down Bay from Union to Richmond and back all week. where did you get them? hard to tell for me right now as I'm not on my home pc...cheers.

Geoff

i bought them at sportchek, but lots of places seem to have them. you'd probably get the best pricing online somewhere, just go to the store to size them or whatever then buy online. that was my plan, but they were on sale when i went in to try some on. as for considering it light... well i wear workboots all day, so these are definitelty lighter than what im used to wearing :)

ryan

thanks Ryan.

this is the type of boot I'm looking for. you consider it light? I walk up and down Bay from Union to Richmond and back all week. where did you get them? hard to tell for me right now as I'm not on my home pc...cheers.

Geoff

..but they can't be toooo warm, as he also walks thru the Eaton Centre looking for stretchy pants!!

I sell Baffin at my store give me a call 905-544-6858 open 9 to 5

PM me where you are please

..but they can't be toooo warm, as he also walks thru the Eaton Centre looking for stretchy pants!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best part about reading that was when I LOL my wife asked "what's so funny?" :whistling:

I did find the Columbia boots on sale around the corner for $99.00 too...

If you can try on a pair of Red Wing's.

I've bought probably 20+ pairs of boots under $100 and none of them have fit so nice out of the box. They're warm in the snow yet my feet don't get too hot while driving. They're light, dry and have as much grip as my Sorel's. When I need to replace them, Red Wing will be my first stop and I don't regret paying over $100.