Surely Fishing TV Show

Aaron Shirley

Surely Fishing TV Show Cancelled

Press Release January 7th, 2011, Burlington Ontario

The Surely Fishing TV show will not be airing on television. The host and executive producer Aaron Shirley has recently made this difficult decision despite the high level of interest from anglers in the show. Surely Fishing was set to air on OLN this January, but the show has been sidelined with Aaron's decision.

The main reason for the cancelation of the show is the limited time Aaron has now to get a brand new business off the ground and running. Aaron currently works up to 48 hours a week in the automotive sector, and has worked at this job for over 16 years now. Now that Aaron has a young boy at home and his wife is expecting their second child in July of this year, it will be next to impossible to keep working at a full-time job and continue to operate a full-time business.

Aaron has been working full-time in the auto sector and operating the Getting Hooked business full-time for approximately six years. "Although it has been very difficult working up to 18 hours a day to help Getting Hooked become successful, I managed with the sleep deprivation and was really driven to succeed in living my dream" Aaron stated. "I was single for the beginning of the Getting Hooked business, and the auto sector was shaky at the time with limited hours, enabling me to put all of my spare time into the business" exclaimed Shirley. Aaron went on to say "I was willing to sacrifice my social life and time in order for Getting Hooked to become a success and realize my life-long dream. That isn't the case now working long hours on an assembly line with a young family at home". A sombre Aaron explained "It is not easy starting a business from the ground up in any industry, and I believe that it is much more difficult for a fishing TV show. I was sad that the Getting Hooked TV show had to come to an end with all my hard work and the continuing success of the show". Aaron really enjoyed co-hosting and producing a fishing TV show, and he met a lot of great people along the way. At his current crossroad, he was forced to make a decision on his future in TV.

Aaron is a very family oriented person that loves spending time with his wife and son, and he is very excited that his wife will be delivering their second child soon. "I will finally have the time to spend a good deal of my spare time with my family, which is very important to me" explained Aaron. During the first year of his son's life, Aaron didn't get to spend much time with him due to working so many hours for Getting Hooked. This was difficult for Aaron as he missed a lot of milestones in the life of his first born. "Spending time with my kids and watching them grow up is much more important to me than hosting a TV show" remarked Shirley.

The Future for Aaron Shirley

Aaron is looking forward to having free time again to spend with his family. He is also looking forward to having the time to just go fishing for fun with friends and people he meets. Aaron will always make time for his passion of fishing in his life, and plans to balance time with family like so many other working parents with an addiction to fishing.

Although Aaron spent long hard hours on the business side of the Getting Hooked TV show, he really did enjoy the hosting and producing part of the show. Aaron intends to keep his www.surelyfishing.ca website up and running with weekly blogs from his fishing adventures and on-line video episodes as a hobby. "This is going to be a fun website for me that I can work on after my kids go to bed. I will still be able to share my passion of fishing and my life with people through this website" explained Shirley. Aaron plans to continue to Facebook and tweet live fishing updates from his Blackberry while out fishing and maintain his website in his spare time. The first on-line episode will be available on his website and his SurelyFishingTV YouTube channel mid-January. Aaron Shirley invites you to watch him and his guest Dustin Boczek shore fishing for Georgian Bay gar in the first episode.

I am having a flashback!

4 years ago I made the exact same decision Aaron and for the same reasons. I have a show called Fish Finder TV that I shelved for the time being. It was very close to getting on air when the plug was pulled. Do I have regrets, sure I do. But the time I spend with my girls, who are 4 and 2 now, quickly snaps me out of it.

You made the right call Aaron, for whatever that is worth from someone who been down this road both business and time wise.

Plus, who knows what the future will hold. Enjoy your kiddies, their only young once. (advice my Dad gave me)

Edited by Harrison

I feel for you for the tough decision you had made. Certainly though, you have made the right one. Family I was told by my wife, ALWAYS comes first.

Look forward to the day to be able to wet a line with you.

Cheers, Ron...

Good luck. Hope everything works out for you. I liked your show. The day of the giants was awesome.

Hopefully see you have a show in the future.

I have spoken to Aaron at the boat launch a few times the other year at Bronte and he is a solid guy who openly shares tips for success. A person we should look forward to seeing more of in the future.

At least the auto industry is on the rise again.

Edited by Grimace

All the best Aaron. I am sure you will be back on the air when the kids are a little older. :)

there wont be any fish left by then...

Arron your blowing it dude...get a new family down the road when ya have the royalties off syndication... :wallbash:

Of course im kidding ...and for all the RIGHT reasons!!!! :clapping:

Aaron I also think you have made the right choice who knows there might be a day in a few years where you can get the family involved in a show together.

I made that same choice 11 1/2 years ago I was a over the road trucker but my daughter was on the way so I made a change and have been making day trips 9-14 hour days but I get home every day. When my daughter was 3 i was getting home at 9am and we would head to the lake daily to watch the perch and walleye boats come in and catch some perch for fun also.

Cheers enjoy these years Mike

Always family first. If your kids remember fishing with you when they are older....then your famous.

I have fished with Aaron quite a few times....the automotive sector is a good choice for him. :o

A Canadian Freshwater Drum Masters series might bring him out of retirement.

The LCBO has requested that you continue to visit the Haliburton fish camp each Oct.

Keep in touch Aaron.

Take Care

Edited by Michael Brown