beno lures

vinnimon

I was reminded of a lure I once had and cant seem to find in all the tackle shops Ive visited.

The beno im looking for specifically, is like the one in the pic, it was all black with yellow eyes.

It may have had an extra joint as the one in the pic

Its been a while!

If anyone has one, or comes across one, please let me know!

I prefer one from the 70s to early 80s. Ive searched the antique markets as well!

Thanks in advance

v

I had a similar Beno, but orange in colour with black spots. My wife snagged and lost it a couple of years ago and I've looked everywhere for a replacement. I had great luck with it on smallmouth.

Edited by Old Man

http://shop.ebay.com..._nkw=beno+lures

The company that used to make them, Mill Run Products was located in Cleveland. I have no idea if they are still in business.

thats where I got the pic from, the black one exactly, except with yellow eyes!

I never seen another one for sale since I lost mine in the 80s

vinnimon, I can find nothing to indicate the company is still in business. They were a small company with a limited product line, and the fall of walleye fishing here in the 50`s and 60`s hurt them I would imagine. There were also similar looking lures, flatfish, lazy ike, canadian wiggler that were bigger companies.

My best guess that finding one would be ebay, garage sales, flea markets. As I recall I used to deliver to them back in the early to mid 70`s, but really haven`t seen there lures for sale even here for a longtime.

We did use them on trips up north back in the 60`s and 70`s.

When I lost this lure in the late 80s, i went back to purchase another one. No one had one, some never carried itwallbash.gif . I may have purchased the last one in this areadunno.gif

It may be easier to make one, than to find one as such.

But I will keep searching!

I caught my 1st ever musky close to 40 years ago on a Beno Eel while fishing for pickeral. I don't use it anymore but I've still got it tucked away in a tackle box around here somewhere. Seems to me it's green with spots on it.

Used to catch alot of fish with an orange one too.

Vince I also lost that particular Beno eel in the colors Yellow W/black dots as well as the orange w/black dots as well as the green w/black dots... best lure I ever used.. Dame that company for closing up. Checked with so many different people Told lots of luck trying to find any.. Lost all of mine at Dunnville around the docks.. :wallbash:

• 7 years later...

I caught my very first walleye with a Beno at 6 years old with a perch patterned single joint that my Dad gave me back in ‘87. To this day, I still have it. It’s hanging from my mirror in my truck. Also have a few I’ve been afraid to use still kicking around in an old tackle box. Walleye used to go mental for these things.

p.s. I realize this thread is 7 years old, but I’m just glad to hear stories from other people that enjoyed these lures as much as I did. You can still find plenty on eBay, some still in original packaging.

FD789311-5A88-49A8-A340-5CDF07791782.jpeg

Edited by CptCheesesticks

I forgot about this thread.

My brother law is pretty shady corrector  tattoo  artist ,scrapper pulls into driveway

with this tackle box and couple  junk rods with the story helping a buddy.

All the tackle run of mill junk. Except the 6 beno's.  And they aren't for sale.

, caught my first steelhead when 9 yrs old(1978) off orange with black dots in Oshawa Creek. remember forever. Hammered walleyes in Pigeon Lake back channel with it after.

On 1/7/2011 at 7:00 PM, spincast said:

Okay - so we have a few talented lure makers on the board from what I've seen in some of the postings... looks like this could be a winner........ any takers....?

The price of 3-D scanners and printers are coming down.  We may be able to print our own soon.  Or, make a mold for one.