A few Ice Fishing Questions

Cudz

I got a pass to go out fishing on Saturday morning.

From what I have recently read, oro is not yet safe. Is this true or will it be by saturday? Is BBP or Bear Point at all solid?

Thirdly, I looked at the mnr regs but can't seem to find the answer. What is the max number of hooks I can run from one line 4 or 5? The reason I ask is that if I am going perch fishing I want to try this new sabiki rig I recently got from the states.

thanks

Hey Cudz

I was just looking at the regs the other day about the same question and found this:

"A fishing line must not have more than four hooks attached. A hook includes a single-pointed or multiple-pointed hook on a common shaft but does not include a snagger or spring gaff. The number of hooks includes any single-pointed or multiple-pointed hooks that are part of a lure."

http://www.mnr.gov.o...L02_165347.html

so I guess that the answer is 4 in total

I dont know anything about ice conditions other than at Virginia Beach, which had plenty of ice last weekend, so I imagine by now that it is really safe out there, last weekend there were people crazy enough to be driving their cars around out there! wallbash.gif

Daryl

Edited by daryl0815