two million fish wash ashore in the chesapeake

chessy

http://www.reuters.c...E7056BB20110106

Corrected: Maryland's 2 million dead fish caused by cold water

(corrects to make clear 2,900 number of kills is for all species and not just large kills)

(Reuters) - The death of two million fish that washed up on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland appears to have been caused by a sudden drop in temperature, the state's Environment Department told Reuters on Thursday.

The mass kill is the latest in a string of bird and fish deaths around the world. Around 5,000 birds fell out of the Arkansas sky over the New Year's weekend and many dead fish were also found in a different part of the state.

Since then, reports of smaller-scale die-offs have been reported in Europe, Brazil, and Asia, causing many to speculate about the cause of the kills.

There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for the Chesapeake deaths, the Maryland Department of Environment said.

"The cause of this appears to be the rapid temperature drop combined with the large population of the juvenile spot fish," spokesman Jay Apperson told Reuters on Thursday.

The coldest December in 25 years caused cold water stress to the already overpopulated species, the department said in a statement.

There have been many such incidents in the past with 2,900 kills afflicting all fish species between 1984 and 2009 according to the department. The largest ever die-off was around 15 million in January, 1976.

The Chesapeake Bay is the largest estuary in North America.

Edited by chessy

Did anyone hear what kill all the birds ? ? ?

Maybe they can apply that to the mosquitoes come summer... whistling.gif

I`m tellin ya Bob......Its the end of the worldtease.gif The Mayans knew this would be coming, just before they ran out of room on the stone tablette they were scribing on...rofl2.gifrofl2.gif

They figure some of the birds died of shock from the Fireworks.. As everyone knows they are making them bigger and louder every year.. Think if your a bird flying with in

a few hundred meters of that explosion they probly blew their ear drums. As some of the other die offs were possibly severe drop in atmospheric temp.

Eaither way its weird, and hopefully they find out the exact cause.. If the one is cause of fireworks.. you know where you will find P3TA soon..

Did anyone hear what kill all the birds ? ? ?

Maybe they can apply that to the mosquitoes come summer... :whistling:

They figure some of the birds died of shock from the Fireworks.. As everyone knows they are making them bigger and louder every year.. Think if your a bird flying with in

a few hundred meters of that explosion they probly blew their ear drums. As some of the other die offs were possibly severe drop in atmospheric temp.

Eaither way its weird, and hopefully they find out the exact cause.. If the one is cause of fireworks.. you know where you will find P3TA soon..

the only problem with that theory is, the type of bird that was killed is not a nocturnal flyer and fireworks are normally at nite.And so many thousands were killed. hard to explain.

..............its the end of the world,i say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!rofl2.gifrofl2.gif

emp are usually caused by thermo nuclear explosions.

Here is waht i thing happened. Apparently they were redwinged blackbirds. They tend to migrate in huge flocks in the 100s of thousnds. If they stopped to roost for the night, and someone had a fireworks display, they would be scared, and try to fly away.There would be total panic, and some would smash into eachother and crash to the ground. the others were probably knocked senseless by the blast concussion caused by the exploding fireworks, and crashed into the ground or buildings.

Case closed on the birds. Now, what about the fishangel.png .......its the end of the world.w00t.gif

Edited by mercman

its not just there...there are thousands of animals worldwide showing up dead. Birds and fish everywhere... I find it suspicious that a man in bush's and regan's government who specialized in chemical and biological weapons was murdered and dumped in a dumpster a few days before all this happened...weapons testing is my guess.. Here is a map of all the recorded epidemics.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201817256339889828327.0004991bca25af104a22b&ll=28.921631,5.273438&spn=141.542315,12.304687&z=2&iwloc=0004991c2e41cf55affcb

BREAKING NEWS JUST IN ABOUT THE DEAD BIRDS AND FISH.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

ALIENS FROM OUTER SPACE HAVE BEEN SPOTTED BY THE SOUTHERN REDNECK MILITIA AND ARE ORGANIZING AS WE SPEAK

QUICK......hide all your pets unless they are cats...we will use the cats as offering to the ALIENS...it will go down in history that the pussy cats of the world saved man kind. But how will "man" kind survive without his pussy cat....LOL :devil::rofl2::devil:

Edited by Billy Bob

its not just there...there are thousands of animals worldwide showing up dead. Birds and fish everywhere... I find it suspicious that a man in bush's and regan's government who specialized in chemical and biological weapons was murdered and dumped in a dumpster a few days before all this happened...weapons testing is my guess.. Here is a map of all the recorded epidemics.

http://maps.google.c...2b&ll=28.921631,5.273438&spn=141.542315,12.304687&z=2&iwloc=0004991c2e41cf55affcb

I KNEW IT !!!! I KNEW IT !!! i got a nose for this kinda thing Bob.......rofl2.gifrofl2.gif