270 Acre Lake, Gated Access= PB LM.

moxie

I know theres ice out there but ........ Mid-summer, early morning, a foot and a half of water under the shade of an old Cedar Tree drooped over the shore. The water is like glass as I cast the Pop-R, reel in slack as the ripples fade, one twich and BANG!! Halfway to the boat she dives and obliterates the Med-Heavy Lightning Rod into three pieces. The rest of the battle was fought Mano a Mano. We've seen many and caught a few big fish there but this one is my personal best. Scale read 8 1/2 lbs. I wonder if shes put on any weight since.

moxie

IMG.jpg

Edited by moxie

wow man that's a brute...mark my words OFC I'll get over the 7lb mark next year :P . How deep was the water under your topwater?

Too bad the picture quality wasn't better, would be nice to have that pic on the wall.

The water was a foot and a half deep. The cast dropped like a 3 pointer, nothing but net . It was one of those , "Thats the spot, right there" feel it in your gut bang-on casts. Luck had nothing to do with it.....at least it didn't in my head. hehehe. Cheers.

moxie.

270 acre lake,gated access.

Was this LM stocked in that pond?

No sir. For a small lake it is relatively deep. We've sounded its deepest spot at 94 feet . It also has all the classic attributes you could wish for. Weeds, deep and on the flats, a couple of rock shoals topped with grass, rock, rubble and wood piles, humps, islands, overhanging trees, dead falls and undercut banks and a deep main lake basin with a few Springs. Did I leave anything out? Oh ya.... BIG BASS! Just a lil' ole Lake with an unspoiled shoreline that sits in the woods at the end of a dirt road .

Species: Rock, Large and Small mouth Bass, Walleye, Lakers, Perch and Pumkinseed.

moxie.

Wow. Gated access...they must be Pearly Gates angel.png

3 1/2 hours away JB,off the beaten track and when you're on the water ya, Its so quiet sometimes you'd swear you can hear the Fish Gods whisper.

moxie.

Edited by moxie