Paul's Ice Hut in Scugog NOT renting this year. Any ideas who I can rent from on Scugog?

quickme

Just wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to rent from Paul's Ice Huts? I've been given a few hours of "free" time from the Mrs and wanted to try my luck. I haven't been on Hardwater for about 6 years now so I'm pretty excited to be out. Going out with 6 other people and only planning to fish from 10 - 5. If you know anyone else let me know. Any feed back would be great.

Thanks!

Nick

Edited by quickme

Just wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to rent from Paul's Ice Huts? I've been given a few hours of "free" time from the Mrs and wanted to try my luck. I haven't been on Hardwater for about 6 years now so I'm pretty excited to be out. Going out with 6 other people and only planning to fish from 10 - 5. If you know anyone else let me know. Any feed back would be great.

Thanks!

Nick

Okay so I found out Paul is not renting this year. He's taking some time off. Anyone help me out with renting a hut in Scugog?

there is only one other and I cannot think of it right now. when I'm back on my home pc i will look it up, but i don't know if they are still open. i'm sure there are a few more too but they don't advertise.

thank you everyone for your replies. As I suspect, it probably isn't the best time to go out but the MRS is giving me some free time and I'm going to make the best of it. A bad day on the water is better than a good day changing diapers... :thumbsup_anim: . Let me give the guys you sugguested a call and see how I do. Hopefully there will be a report on Monday from me.

Nick

thank you everyone for your replies. As I suspect, it probably isn't the best time to go out but the MRS is giving me some free time and I'm going to make the best of it. A bad day on the water is better than a good day changing diapers... :thumbsup_anim: . Let me give the guys you sugguested a call and see how I do. Hopefully there will be a report on Monday from me.

Nick

I recommend Al as listed in one of the prior posts. Al lives on the lake, and knows it very well.

I did years ago, nice folk. that's who I was going to look for to tell the OP

Checked that out, just for the heck of it, I love the fact that they don't charge for children under 12. Would be nice if some of the other hut operators around the province would have that policy, although many do have children that age as 1/2 price.

I recommend Al as listed in one of the prior posts. Al lives on the lake, and knows it very well.

Called AL.. REALLY nice man! He doesn't have any 6 man huts ( have 3 ladies that are 1st timers and can't bear to be apart from their friends and their boyfriends :wallbash: ) so still searching. If I go with just the boys I will definitely get a hut from Al. Really reasonible prices. $30 per person is awesome. Just went to LeBaron and got some tackle for the weekend. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Nick

Going out with 6 other people and only planning to fish from 10 - 5.

As others have said, the action on Scugog often just gets started at about 4:30. If you pack up to leave for 5:00 on a day that the evening bite is a go, you'll be heartbroken, especially if you sat there most of the day with little action. Try to talk your friends and the operator into staying until 6:30 or 7:00.