Sign in to follow this  
BFSC Kevin

Quick Ice reports.

Jan 3 Cooks bay 7+ inch black ice, slippery but luckily brought my skates!

was there from noon till 7pm. found the fish in 12-13ft of water.

average size about 7-8 inchs with a few jumbos

Jan 5 Scugog 10+ inch black ice, saw a couple trucks on the ice near shore. Some snow on the ice, enough to not require cleats.

was there from noon till 5pm. Not much caught, only a few perch. Spoke to a mnr guy that came by and he informed me it has been a slow day for others as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Quick Fish

I got out last night after work for a quick fish. Just got out on the water and were welcomed by a monsoon. Filled the boat half full of water, but we stuck it out because those darn fish were going to be biting! Then we battled the wind. We did boat 12 walleye in the couple of hours we were out.  Thank god the sun showed up after the down pour. Caught all but one trolling.

in General Discussion

• Quick Introduction and a question!

HELLO ALL!   Glad to be here. For my first post I'd like to first introduce myself. I'm a 44 year old guy who's been and avid outdoorsman for as long as I can remember. Born and raised in cottage country - Peterborough, ON - and have live the last part of 20 years in Ottawa. Almost every year I go on a guy's fishing trip, and camp with the family (3 kids) at least twice during that same time. I'm a canoe lover (now own a brand new Swift Keewaydin solo) and enjoy all that the wilderness

in General Discussion

• Algonquin park ice out date

With the crazy April weather this year what date would you guys expect ice out for Algonquin park.My guess would be May 5

in General Discussion

• Simcoe Ice conditions

Been lookin forward to getting out for some perching at first ice out. Can anyone verify that Simcoe is open and fishable? Thanks,   HH

in General Discussion