Fishfinder Suggestions

4x4bassin

I know there has been some related comments on this subject but I still can't decide. I'm in the market for a

finder for my father inlaw (since I use his boat alot it's the least I could do) and he hit a rock last summer

with his new mercury so he does need one !

I'm kinda partial towards lowrance (own a X-125 on my boat , great finder) but what do you guys think ?

I do alot of jigging for lake trout in his boat so a finder that can help me and the family with this would be great !

Looking at spending between 300 and 400 dollars.I was looking at the X-67 but i'm not sure.

Thanks

I know there has been some related comments on this subject but I still can't decide. I'm in the market for a

finder for my father inlaw (since I use his boat alot it's the least I could do) and he hit a rock last summer

with his new mercury so he does need one !

I'm kinda partial towards lowrance (own a X-125 on my boat , great finder) but what do you guys think ?

I do alot of jigging for lake trout in his boat so a finder that can help me and the family with this would be great !

Looking at spending between 300 and 400 dollars.I was looking at the X-67 but i'm not sure.

Thanks

Well, it is more money than that but the HDS5 gives you everything, color fish finder, GPS, flasher. I had to scrimp and save to get mine but I love it. You can also get the ice fishing package for it (which I just did) so it does double duty.

oh boy....this should be interesting.Fishing equipment is a personal thing and everones is the best.My advise is, if you own and like lowrance, stick with it.The 2 major companies both have good and bad points, so stick with what you know and trust.I have an x135 and although it is a good machine, and it cost me nothing,i wanted a humminbird, so i just bought a 587HD Ci with gps.From what i read and researched, i will be very happy with it. I"ll know more next season when i install it on my boat and use it.

Paul

Since you said you are looking for a fish finder buy a Lowrance. The model and money you want to spend is your choice. HB makes a great SI, and the GPS is bullet proof, but their fish finding capabilities are lacking to say the least. If you are in the Woodstock area go to Angling Outfitters.

Its a little more, but check out the Lowrance Elite 5 - I was looking at an HDS-5, but the Elite was an awesome deal, and less money . Described as the best FF in the price range in almost all reviews . With the shows coming up you may be able to get one for your price. Jos at Angling Outfitter set me up with a great bundle -including Navionics GL and Eastern Canada.

The X67C is $249 @ Radioworld, rig a small clamp and use the summer skimmer transducer all year long. If you want, I can get you a picture or two. Put it in a dry box with a 12V/7A gell cell(available with chargers for about $25)and you're good to go.

The HDS units are great and get my vote too, although they are a bit more than your price range, but IMO are well worth the money. |I have the HDS 7 and I want another one. Radioworld is a good place to look, the prices are usually good. On their website the HDS 5 is currently listed at 699.00, and if you are going to the Toronto boat show they have a booth and usually have really good show deals. I've seen the Elite 5 as well, and they look very crisp and have a good image also. For $100 more though, i'm getting the HDS 5 if I had to choose....

Check out their website:

http://radioworld.ca/index.php?cPath=4_95&filter_id=9