Goodbye Bell Canada

ColdH20guy

Bell ran my BP up to explosion point too many times. Problems with internet service, problems with land lines, problems with satellite TV; beyond a doubt THE worst customer service I have ever experienced; disconnected my phone and internet and telepone a MONTH before our move date and then took three hours of phone calls to get them admit it was their error (business cell phone) - then they tried to bill me for service for months after I left and had actually cancelled the service. The CSRs I did dealt with couldnt speak Englishunless it was from the paper in front of them , nor understand me (that may not have been all their fault given my mental statewhistling.gif ) and they had NO managers available to escalate even after waiting an hour (speaker phone). Fortunately, I had all the canellations and communications documented, the names dates and times pf the people I spoke to recorded, so when it came to them telling me I owed them money I just sent them photocopies of that along with my lawyers phone #. END

The Leafs will win 3 cups in a row before Bell gets another penny from me, and when they are retarded enough to call me on my Rogers land line and druel maple syrup voices at me promising they would walk a mile through the desert wearing ice fishing survival suits if I would just, please, with sugar on top give them one more chance as a service provider - I tell them that - then tell 'em to quit harrassing me.

just looked at bills, what farting Bull, im supposed to be at 25?bites and still at 2 what ever bites. I recall the wife freaking over the interet use bill. So much on my mind I forgot!wallbash.gif

How did peter russel put it?, hmmmmm!

Somebodies gonna get it, i dont know who! But I know how!rofl2.gif

Its gonna be sicilian styleangel.png

Back in the 1990's when Sprint came in , I switched as soon as I could. Years of excessive increase in rates and service fees by Bell made me change. I've been with a few other phone companies, by far Rogers was the best when I lived in Scarborough. I've switched to magicjack since moving north. I'll never go back to Bell for any reason. I don't care if it's free.

muddler

Ironic, got a call last night at 8:30 from a 519 number. Well you could tell the guy was not in the 519 area and was calling from Bell Canada. I told him to "piss" off, I'm watching the Juniors. That sentence probably threw him for a loop.

I check my credit regularily and my bell debt has been with 3 different collection agencies and has never made it onto my report and it's going on 3 years now I just keep telling the agencies I won't pay it and they stop calling until it's sent to another short of taking you to small claims court there is nothing they can do (which rarely happens for less tham $1000) a utility company can't even report to equifax anymore like they used to.

Interesting

Regarding my woes with Bell..

We had a problem with one of our inside lines. As you guys know Bell doesn't fix inside stuff..unless you pay them through the nose.

Nevertheless I called them and asked them to send a tech out to fix the problem.

He came (3 days later) and determined there was a short in my line and couldn't fix it as it would take too long to trace. This after screwing around in my basement for an hour..

I asked him, why do you need to trace the short? Just run a new line!

He shrugged his shoulders and left.

2 days later without service a different tech came.

He agreed to run a new line and laughed at the audacity of his co-worker.

The line was fished in behind the baseboards in the entire perimeter of my rec room.

I was outside working and ventured downstairs to check when I heard a bit of commotion.

Rather than simply fish a new line behind the baseboard this idiot decided the old line needed to be removed and RIPPED all of my nailed and glued baseboards off the wall LOL! It was a plaster wall and there were HUGE chunks plaster ripped off.

I couldn't believe it. I asked him politely to GTH out of my house and immediately called Bell to complain.

Told them I wanted my basement fixed. The entire thing escalated from there and resulted in me cancelling all services with them.

They never did fix my basement. They never did credit my account.

They DID attempt to charge me a riduculous amount because I broke the contract early LOL!

I could go on and on and on (it gets waaay worse)

They are scum.

we had bell services for 2 years, but it would have only been 2 weeks if it weren't for the contract cancellation fees. there is simply no nice way of putting it...they're complete idiots. it took literally 5-6 HOURS on the phone to get my services setup properly and to finally get a modem sent out. here i thought they would have known that i needed a modem to connect to the internet :rolleyes:

you'd be surprised by how much credit you can get on your account after you feed them huge lines of Bull multiple times. it worked great for waiving cancellation fees as well when the rogers salesman knocked on our door and gave us an awesome deal.

i guess you could say i beat them at their own game :whistling:

Bell has been our ISP here at work for many years. We were having consistent problems connecting to a stable network and finally, my boss got tired of it and called business customer support.

She ended up speaking with a CSR in Mumbai. She outlined what the problem was and the CSR put her on hold. Half an hour later, the CSR comes back and says that they checked the connection and the problem was an internal one. We knew for a fact, that the problem was in the wiring closet down the hall, not in our actual office. (We are in the business of placing I.T. people and had a few review our issues and they determined it was a Bell problem) The CSR wouldn't here it and eventually, disconnected the call!!!!

My boss, now with the bit, firmly planted in her teeth, called back and again, got Mumbai.

She told the CSR of her earlier call and he then asked her if he could put her on hold. The boss lost it!!! She told him that the last CSR dropped her call and here is what the guy on the phone said...

"Don't worry ma'am, I'll be with you till we kill the goat"!!!!

Seriously, that's an exact quote! We were in tears on that one for quite some time!

Eventually, they sent a tech to our office and determined that yes, it was a Bell problem and they did manage after two visits, to get us up and running again.

Anyone want a Goat Roti!?

HH

I'm proud to say I don't have a single service with Bell (Home phone is with Rogers). Bell once sent me a bill out of the blue for a phone number I've never owned and was apparently hooked up 3 years prior to a different address (The police station) but under my name! The bill was for $1700 and it took me 4 months to get cleared. After that I switched everything from them. Screw Bell, I'd never go back.

Edited by Governator

Geez, I'm almost embarrassed to report a positive Bell service incident from just a few days ago...

Last Friday we noticed our call display on our home phone was not working. On Monday, I called Bell from work and they suggested changing out the in-line filters that were supplied with our high speed modem (which came with several spares). I tried that when I got home with no success. I called back to Bell and explained that it was still a problem. Within an hour I got a call from a tech at their Lakefield switching station telling me he had found a problem and everything should be working OK now, which it was.

Both times on the phone with a CSR, I spoke with someone who sounded Canadian and was very helpful.

Now to be fair, this was a far cry from my last experience with Bell tech support a couple of years ago. I came home to find my overhead phone line from the pole across the street laying on my front lawn, cut by a passing truck with an oversized load. When I called Bell for repair, I spoke with an East Indian gentleman who just couldn't understand how my "underground" phone line could possibly be disconnected from my house and went on to insist that I unplug all my phones one at a time to see if it was an internal issue. I explained again and again that the outside line was cut and laying across my lawn. When he finally relented in sending a tech, he insisted somebody be home (3 days later from 9 - 5) just in case it still might be an internal problem :wallbash: . I told him nobody would be home but the tech would certainly be able to fix the problem without having to enter my home. It was about the most frustrating half hour I have ever spent on the phone. The next day, the line was fixed and all was good.

I don't know if Bell has repatriated their call centre recently, but the service level was night and day.

Geez, I'm almost embarrassed to report a positive Bell service incident from just a few days ago...

Last Friday we noticed our call display on our home phone was not working. On Monday, I called Bell from work and they suggested changing out the in-line filters that were supplied with our high speed modem (which came with several spares). I tried that when I got home with no success. I called back to Bell and explained that it was still a problem. Within an hour I got a call from a tech at their Lakefield switching station telling me he had found a problem and everything should be working OK now, which it was.

Both times on the phone with a CSR, I spoke with someone who sounded Canadian and was very helpful.

Now to be fair, this was a far cry from my last experience with Bell tech support a couple of years ago. I came home to find my overhead phone line from the pole across the street laying on my front lawn, cut by a passing truck with an oversized load. When I called Bell for repair, I spoke with an East Indian gentleman who just couldn't understand how my "underground" phone line could possibly be disconnected from my house and went on to insist that I unplug all my phones one at a time to see if it was an internal issue. I explained again and again that the outside line was cut and laying across my lawn. When he finally relented in sending a tech, he insisted somebody be home (3 days later from 9 - 5) just in case it still might be an internal problem :wallbash: . I told him nobody would be home but the tech would certainly be able to fix the problem without having to enter my home. It was about the most frustrating half hour I have ever spent on the phone. The next day, the line was fixed and all was good.

I don't know if Bell has repatriated their call centre recently, but the service level was night and day.

Yes they have for the most part anyway. There is a call centre right here in Lindsay.

Bell is a pain in the butt!! I had issues for a few years with my internet connection here at home. I'm not a big downloader so slow speeds were not too much of an issue until we upgraded our back office software suite and my slow and unreliable connection along with static on the phone line became unbearable. After several calls they sent a tech out who checked the wiring and found that it was a mess from the box all the way to my house, he cleaned it up and said I was good to go, I was getting great signal outside, I never thought to ask him what the signal was inside. A week later and tech #2 comes on over to see what he can do, turns out there was an old bell box inside the house that he had no idea what it was. He removed it and rewired the distribution block and gave me a new modem since the old one was pooched according to him. Voila, I have good speed, no static and a much more reliable connection now. All depends on the guy that comes in.