Big Bucks on my Trail Cam

LucG

OK OK ... I know it is now January and everybody has switched over to hardwater fishing, and so have I. But the other day I went and retreived my trail cam that I had left at my deer stand and was amazed at the acticity.

From November 28th to December 24th, I had my camera maxed out at 3400 pictures. All deer, besides the odd blue jay and rabbit. I figure there were about 5-6 (in my eyes) trophy bucks. Dozens of smaller spike horns, 4,6 & 8 points, and many many does and fauns.

I've picked out a few of the nicer bucks, as well as a group of canines hot on their trail.

There's allways next year...right...

Enjoy...

mdgc0103.jpg

mdgc0148.jpg

mdgc0509.jpg

mdgc0581.jpg

mdgc0624.jpg

mdgc0630.jpg

mdgc0920.jpg

mdgc1085.jpg

mdgc1153.jpg

mdgc1294.jpg

mdgc1402.jpg

Great pictures. Amazing how you still don't have daylight pics of those big Bucks with 3400 pictures taken. Thems smart critters.

You got that right! They didnt survive the season by being stupid. lol

I managed to get a stupid doe and faun tho :)

Very cool pics!

Coyotes???

In this area its prob a mix, we call them brush wolves. They are not quite as big as a true northern timber wolf.

You got that right! They didnt survive the season by being stupid. lol

I managed to get a stupid doe and faun tho :)

In this area its prob a mix, we call them brush wolves. They are not quite as big as a true northern timber wolf.

Looks like you should set a trap for the canines. Look like nice pelts on them. :canadian: However, it would look a bit challenging for the traps not to seize up or get frozen over the foot plate.

Happy new year and happy trapping!

P.s. I still haven't even registered my trapping license as I haven't determined an area yet.

Stan

Looks like you should set a trap for the canines. Look like nice pelts on them. :canadian: However, it would look a bit challenging for the traps not to seize up or get frozen over the foot plate.

Happy new year and happy trapping!

P.s. I still haven't even registered my trapping license as I haven't determined an area yet.

Stan

If I were to trap them, I would definitly snare them. But since this township is bordering Algonquin park, the wolves are protected.