Cook's Report - Jan 3rd

Headhunter

Got out yesterday as I and a few of my buds had the day off. Arrived at Keswick at 7:00am and we were fishin by 7:15.

Stared out about 300 yds from shore and started to spank'em right away. Fished that area for an hour or so, then decided to move out farther hoping for some bigger fish.

The fish didn't really get any bigger, but the bite was steady and the Perch were cooperative!

Total for the day was as follows;

HH -144 and two Herring!

Tom 100 and two Herring

Rubin - 60 and two Herring

Pete - 55 and three Herring

All Herring were immediately released!

Hot bait again was the Berkely Grub on a jiggin Rap... blue and silver or Firetiger...

Ended up taking home about 20 in total... still a dink fest, but lots of fun!

Ice was anywhere from 4 inches to 7 inches, depending on where we were... the four inches we fished was solid black ice... you could see the Herring fighting 10 feet below the whole, through the ice.

Waiting for the main lake to freeze up so we can multi-species fish.

So, I've been out twice on Cook's in the past week and have personally landed over 300 perch... and between the two groups I've been with, we have landed well into the 1000 perch range!

It's a ton of fun and I highly recommend getting out while they remain cooperative! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

HH

Got out yesterday as I and a few of my buds had the day off. Arrived at Keswick at 7:00am and we were fishin by 7:15.

Stared out about 300 yds from shore and started to spank'em right away. Fished that area for an hour or so, then decided to move out farther hoping for some bigger fish.

The fish didn't really get any bigger, but the bite was steady and the Perch were cooperative!

Total for the day was as follows;

HH -144 and two Herring!

Tom 100 and two Herring

Rubin - 60 and two Herring

Pete - 55 and three Herring

All Herring were immediately released!

Hot bait again was the Berkely Grub on a jiggin Rap... blue and silver or Firetiger...

Ended up taking home about 20 in total... still a dink fest, but lots of fun!

Ice was anywhere from 4 inches to 7 inches, depending on where we were... the four inches we fished was solid black ice... you could see the Herring fighting 10 feet below the whole, through the ice.

Waiting for the main lake to freeze up so we can multi-species fish.

So, I've been out twice on Cook's in the past week and have personally landed over 300 perch... and between the two groups I've been with, we have landed well into the 1000 perch range!

It's a ton of fun and I highly recommend getting out while they remain cooperative! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

HH

Sounds like a blast. Very similiar to what we experienced at Long Point (except for the herring). Looking forward to some good ice for lakers/whities up that way!

way to go headhunter!

what no pictures?

how am i suppose to know what a perch looks like if i cant see them? :dunno:

maybe i will have to be like mike, and get physical with you, :tease:

it worked for him on geoff :rofl2:

Yah, you're right, Cook's Bay Perch do look so much different from any other Perch! LMAO

And if you were twice your current size, you'd still be half the size of Mike!!!!

HH

I swear I gotsta get me one of them Famn Dancy shirts..... whistling.gif

Chris, firstly, as you well know, not everyone can get away with wearing those shirts... :whistling:

If you really really NEED to get one, head to you local Double V. They can be had for as little as $5.00, but you will have to answer a skill testing question!!!!

Thanks Joey... it sure is a lot of fun catching fish non stop, regardless of their size! It's a time of year I look forward to every year!

HH

Chris, firstly, as you well know, not everyone can get away with wearing those shirts... whistling.gif

If you really really NEED to get one, head to you local Double V. They can be had for as little as $5.00, but you will have to answer a skill testing question!!!!

HH

I was hoping that if I mentioned it enough you might see your way to giving me one of your's, already broken in and proven, you know the ones that don't fit you anymore. ;)

I was hoping that if I mentioned it enough you might see your way to giving me one of your's, already broken in and proven, you know the ones that don't fit you anymore. ;)

What! And just hand over all that hard won fish catching karma!?! :whistling:

HH