New Navionics HD for IPad

Pikeslayer

Hey all,

I just downloaded the new (released Dec 23/10) Navionics Canada/USA Great Lakes HD for my iPad. The app allows you to pre-plan/chart your fishing trip/day on your iPad/Phone/Pod from the comfort of your couch and then just key in your routes/WPs to your on board/ portable GPS. I think it's a great deal for thirty bucks vs the cost of $200 chip. It has all charted lakes in Canada & the US.

http://www.navionics.com/MobileMarineFeatures.asp?MobileType=iPad

Be sure to check out the FAQs on the website if your thinking of adding this app to your iPod(there are some restrictions).

BTW, I have nothing to gain from navionics for posting this. I just wanted to share what I think is a good buy.

Regards,

Simon

Edited by pikeslayer

Hey all,

I just downloaded the new (released Dec 23/10) Navionics Canada/USA Great Lakes HD for my iPad. The app allows you top pre-plan/chart your fishing trip/day on your iPad/Phone/Pod from the comfort of your couch and then just key in your routes/WPs to your on board/ portable GPS. I think it's a great deal for thirty bucks vs the cost of $200 chip. It has all charted lakes in Canada & the US.

http://www.navionics.com/MobileMarineFeatures.asp?MobileType=iPad

Be sure to check out the FAQs on the website if your thinking of adding thia app to your iPod. There are some restrictions.

BTW, I have nothing to gain from navionics for posting this. I just wanted to share what I think is a good buy.

Regards,

Simon

I have been trying to find it in the apps store on my iPad with no luck. Can you give me the actual name under which you found it?

Thanks

JF

I have been trying to find it in the apps store on my iPad with no luck. Can you give me the actual name under which you found it?

Thanks

JF

John,

Here is the link

http://www.navionics.com/Charts_Mobile_Single.asp?MobileType=iPad&Area=Canada

App store link is in the lower left hand of the page. Ontario lakes are here http://www.navionics.com/Charts_Mobile_Lakes.asp?MobileType=iPhoneSingle&State=ON&Area=US

Simon

I have been using it for a couple years. Its very active on my IPHONE. I had it on my IPOD touch last year but I think this years version is a little different..

I use to be able to use it with out wifi on the touch on any lake but since I downloaded the new version I can not

Dave

Hi did anyone have a chance to load this up on their IPad? Would be intrested in your thoughts.

I can seem to find a sample screen shot. Does it provide depth information and include navigational markers/channels etc?

Would be interested if it can also work without wifi connected.

Thanks

Nemo

Hi did anyone have a chance to load this up on their IPad? Would be intrested in your thoughts.

I can seem to find a sample screen shot. Does it provide depth information and include navigational markers/channels etc?

Would be interested if it can also work without wifi connected.

Thanks

Nemo

Memo,

Yes it does provide the info you asked about. Once you download your map selection, it is always available to 'view' even without wifi. You can even access waypoint lat & long and plot routes. I use the app for planning/plotting independent of my HDS7 and have to manually enter the gps coordinates into the lowrance. If you wanted to use your iPad as a gps, you would need the G3 version. As mentioned in the original post, check out the link for FAQ.

IMO it was $30 well spent.

Simon